Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Mirage Forum Members

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like you. You can afford to buy a Corvette new, and still, you buy a Mirage. The Corvette and Mirage are both cars that know exactly what they need to do, and do it well. The Corvette is sleek and fast. The Mirage is cheap and efficient.

I'm with you on interior colors. I can't stand black interiors, so I bought a set of custom-fit tan seat covers for my Mirage, and I'm very happy with them. It doesn't change the carpet or plastics, but it really lightens up the interior.

Lighten up! New seat covers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Scratchpaddy For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-02-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    I might have spent the extra money for a 2019, but I am happy with my 2017.
    One other thing to consider is if the arm-rest will help in the first place. I have a rental 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback right now and for like 4 or 5 days total, the 5 door hatch Lancer, and it is fully loaded, & has a centre arm rest.

I'm too tall to make the arm-rest actually comfortable for myself. No leg room in the Lancer, either.

So if you can test one at a dealer to see if it fits you might be an idea.

Nice 'Vette, I had a summer job at an auto parts factory years back, the vette's late model manifolds were cast and machined all in this area where I live. I guess the Vette shares some lineage to a Holden (Australian GM car)
    Last edited by dspace9; 03-03-2019 at 12:30 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    I like you. You can afford to buy a Corvette new, and still, you buy a Mirage. The Corvette and Mirage are both cars that know exactly what they need to do, and do it well. The Corvette is sleek and fast. The Mirage is cheap and efficient.

I'm with you on interior colors. I can't stand black interiors, so I bought a set of custom-fit tan seat covers for my Mirage, and I'm very happy with them. It doesn't change the carpet or plastics, but it really lightens up the interior.

Lighten up! New seat covers

Thank you. I love the small size and efficiency of the Mirage. I have been interested in them for several years. I think it makes a great addition to my garage. I do enjoy taking the Corvette out and letting the horses run wild now and then. I'm looking forward to an early spring so that I can take it out of hibernation. I also have a 2002 Landrover Discovery which I use during the winter on bad weather days and to haul my trailers around the rest of the year. I think I now have a perfect combination of efficiency, speed, and strength.

I like your seat covers. They make a very nice improvement to the dark interior.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    One other thing to consider is if the arm-rest will help in the first place. I have a rental 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback right now and for like 4 or 5 days total, the 5 door hatch Lancer, and it is fully loaded, & has a centre arm rest.

I'm too tall to make the arm-rest actually comfortable for myself. No leg room in the Lancer, either.

So if you can test one at a dealer to see if it fits you might be an idea.

Nice 'Vette, I had a summer job at an auto parts factory years back, the vette's late model manifolds were cast and machined all in this area where I live. I guess the Vette shares some lineage to a Holden (Australian GM car)
    Thank you. I didn't realize that some of the Corvette parts were made outside of the U.S. It's pretty cool that you had a part in making manifolds for the Corvette.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageSEFan For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-03-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thank you. I didn't realize that some of the Corvette parts were made outside of the U.S. It's pretty cool that you had a part in making manifolds for the Corvette.
    For sure, at the time just saw it as my summer job college days, and being near Michigan here, not surprising that was the local industry hiring at the time. The company was a CAW plant so lots like the Michigan feeder plants, just had Canadian roots somehow.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update: I had my alignment checked at the Mitsubishi dealer this morning. Everything was within specifications. I don't know whether to feel releived or not. When I had taken it to Sears, it was out of alignment on the front right wheel and left rear wheel. Mitsubishi says it's not. They gave me the print out which shows everything in green. I hope they are right.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I had my alignment checked at the Mitsubishi dealer this morning. Everything was within specifications...I hope they are right.

...When I had taken it to Sears, it was out of alignment
    Well...that's a bit of a head-scratcher. Hopefully your dealer is telling you the truth. I had my alignment checked 3 times at 2 different places before my car had 700 miles on it. But I wasn't sure I could trust my dealer.

Just keep a close eye on your tire wear for the first 10,000 miles or so.

I don't know how I missed your earlier pics. I also bought a new C6 back in 2009. Prices were great back then!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    tan seat covers for my Mirage
    There are Airbags built into the Mirage's front seats - are you not concerned if the Airbags deploy- with the seat covers on, they certainly won't work as intended - and also, couldn't that potentially harm you (ironic)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Just keep a close eye on your tire wear for the first 10,000 miles or so.

I don't know how I missed your earlier pics. I also bought a new C6 back in 2009. Prices were great back then!!!
    Thanks for the advice. I will keep a close eye on them. Yes, the Vette prices were great at that time. I do like my Vette. Although, I wish I waited another year to get the Grand Sport.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    There are Airbags built into the Mirage's front seats - are you not concerned if the Airbags deploy- with the seat covers on, they certainly won't work as intended - and also, couldn't that potentially harm you (ironic)
    I had read that he bought them custom made. They were made with the airbags in mind and allow for airbag deployment.