Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Mirage Forum Members

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello Mirage Forum Members

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a new (left over) Mercury Grey 2017 Mirage SE, with only 38 miles on the odometer. It came with the factory installed remote car starter, LED driving lights/Front bumper garnish, wheel locks and cargo package (net & mat).

Luckily, I had read all of the actual Mirage owner's reviews after reading all of the bad reviews by the so-called professional car reviewers. I quickly realized that most of the owner's love the car and gave it a five star rating. I decided to trust the owner's and take the plunge. I'm very glad I did.

I am really enjoying my new car. Even with the CVT transmission, I am getting great gas mileage. I'm averaging about 45 MPG combined city/hwy. I find the pick up to be quite adequate for interstate on-ramps. The driving comfort level is fine as well. I do notice some wind noise at higher speeds, but it's definitely not as bad as driving my Corvette convertible with the top up. I will use my new Mirage to replace my old Saturn SL2, as my point A to B commuter car. Once the Corvette comes out of hibernation in late Spring, the Mirage will also be my inclement weather vehicle.

I found some good prices for accessories at www.mitsubishipartsnow.com. I just ordered the premium audio system (Rockford Fosgate 300 Amp/Sub), body colored splash/mud guards, bumper guard, side window deflectors, touch up paint pen, scuff plates, and exhaust finisher. I have also upgraded the headlight bulbs to the Philips X-Treme Vision 9003XV. I chose these bulbs because they give the best vision to see down the road, plus they last longer than the competitor's (Sylvania) bulbs. I am also changing out the dome, reverse, and license plate bulbs with SiriusLED 6000k white bulbs from Amazon.

I had considered buying a factory Mitsubishi Armrest/Console. However, I didn't want to spend $140. I had seen some posts on this forum for an aftermarket Armrest/Console from Amazon. I found it for around $50. I then searched on Ebay and found a similar one from seller Andy_Mandy. Here is one of the web links:

Storage Box Armrest Car Arm Rest Dual Layer For Mitsubishi Mirage 14 -18

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Storage-Box...torefresh=true.

It has some improvements over the one on Amazon and the price was $36.39 with free shipping from China. I could not resist, so I made the purchase. It didn't take very long to arrive. I actually received it last night. It looks great. They packaged it well, so it had no damage from shipping. It came with poor basic picture instructions (use the picture instructions on the Ebay listing instead) and about twelve screws. Assembly is easy and you only need four of the screws.

I quickly assembled the console and installed it into my car this morning. It just inserts into the cup holder and rests on the sides of the parking brake housing. There are no fasteners that mount it to the car. It doesn't need fasteners at all. It actually stays in place quite well. I like that you can quickly remove it anytime you want. I can't tell you enough about how great it looks and how functional it is. It has the capability to slide the whole storage box forward, just the top, or both. I find it is very comfortable for me to leave the back of storage box lined up with the back of the bottom mount. It has storage for documents on the top tray and storage for two pairs of sunglasses in the lower section. This is a great improvement for the Mirage and I highly recommend getting one. You won't be disappointed.

I would like to thank everyone that advised about getting a wheel alignment check. I did as you all instructed and had it checked at Sears Auto Center this morning. It showed that my right front wheel and left rear wheel are out of alignment. I quickly made an appointment for this Saturday with my not-so-local Mitsubishi dealer for a four wheel alignment. After reading all of the postings, I feel that my axle will have to be replaced due to the left rear side being misaligned. I will keep you posted once I find out more.

I am sure that I will learn much more about my Mirage from this forum. I hope to contribute what I discover and learn on my own as well.

Last edited by MirageSEFan; 03-01-2019 at 12:35 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MirageSEFan For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-01-2019),MetroMPG (03-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Welcome! Man...sounds like you have your hands full with all those mods! Post up some pics of that console installed if you can. I have the Mitsubishi console in a box but haven't installed it yet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MirageSEFan (03-01-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    Hello everyone,

I recently bought a new (left over) Mercury Grey 2017 Mirage SE, with only 38 miles on the odometer. It came with the factory installed remote car starter, LED driving lights/Front bumper garnish, wheel locks and cargo package (net & mat).
    Hello MirageSEFan and welcome to the forum. Thanks for making such a detailed introduction, and for making a garage entry too. It's helpful to know how member's cars are configured when asking questions here on the forum.

And thanks for the tip on the Mitsubishi Parts Now. I'll check it out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageSEFan (03-01-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Welcome aboard!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

MirageSEFan (03-01-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be sure to post pics of the armrest console, along with my other modifications, as I get them installed. I am not sure how to add an attachment/photo to my post. If you could instruct me on that, I would appreciate the help.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be sure to post pics of the armrest console, along with my other modifications, as I get them installed. I am not sure how to add an attachment/photo to my post. If you could instruct me on that, I would appreciate the help.
    There are several ways to include pictures with forum posts. Probably the easiest way would be when creating posts, look for an icon that looks like a picture located at the top bar of the dialog box. Click on that and follow the instructions.

I usually add pictures to a forum photo album, then place BB code links of my pictures in my posts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageSEFan (03-01-2019)

Welcome!

Interesting 2-car pair you've got there. More info about your Vette? Sounds fun.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious to know what a leftover '17 Mirage goes for, if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks for the details/info about your mods as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome!

Interesting 2-car pair you've got there. More info about your Vette? Sounds fun.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious to know what a leftover '17 Mirage goes for, if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks for the details/info about your mods as well.
    Thank you MetroMPG. I had bought my Corvette Convertible brand new in 2009. It's the 3LT Preferred Equipment Group (Power Top, Heads Up Display, memory package, tilt-n-telescopic steering wheel, dual power heated sport seats with airbags, cargo net, universal garage door transmitter), in Jetstream Blue with a Cashmere top and Cashmere interior. That color combination is rare, but I think it looks great. Since I would be driving it in the warmer months, I did not want a black top or black interior. It came with many additional factory options such as; Z51 Performance Package, Chrome Alloy Wheels, Dual Mode Exhaust, Bose Premium Stereo, and Navigation. I then had other factory options installed such as; Body Colored Full Rear Spoiler, Body Colored Door Handles, Body Colored License Plate Frames, Splash Guards, Leather Console Cover w/Flag Logo, Hood Light, Hood Liner w/Flag Logo, Trunk Liner w/Flag Logo, Carpeted Floor Mats w/Flag Logo, Behind Seat Storage Pouches, & Front Grill Black Mesh Insert. It has a 6.2 liter engine with a total of 436 Horse Power. It's definitely a Garage Queen. I only drive it on sunny days so it only has about 24,000 miles. It still has the new car smell. It's a blast to drive, especially with the top down. I don't have any pics of it at the moment, but I will attach pics of a similar car with less options.

Name:  Corvette Pic1.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  102.9 KB
    Name:  Corvette Pic2.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  102.5 KB
    Name:  Corvette Pic3.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  92.8 KB

The sticker price of my 2017 Mirage SE was $17820.00. That price included $990.00 in options. I bought it for just over $11,500.00. It only had 38 miles on it at the time. I think I got a good deal overall. I actually bought it out of state in upstate New York. The prices in New Jersey are overly inflated. I wish I lived closer to Ohio. I had seen new 2019 Mirage SE's selling there for around $13,500.00 to $14,500.00 at Mentor Mitsubishi. I might have spent the extra money for a 2019, but I am happy with my 2017.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MirageSEFan For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-14-2019),dspace9 (03-03-2019),inuvik (03-02-2019),MetroMPG (03-02-2019)

24,000 miles in 10 years!

I like the light colour interior. Mirage needs that option too. (You can get it on one of the G4 sedan trims, I think.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    24,000 miles in 10 years!

I like the light colour interior. Mirage needs that option too. (You can get it on one of the G4 sedan trims, I think.)
    Thank you. I agree. The Mirage needs to have the option of either a Grey, Beige or Black interior.