Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Swapping gauge cluster

Just swap out the garnishes then?

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Did anyone ever figure out how to adjust the odometer on these things? I am asking because I would love to swap in the UK-style cluster with chrome gauge garnishes. Looks much nicer than the one in my base model!
    Or...https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2017-Mitsubi...Cclp%3A2334524
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The gauge clusters are actually slightly different. I like the eco gauge on the UK model as opposed to the single light on the US version. So the board and LED positions would be slightly different vs the USA model. Otherwise, yes, I would just swap the garnishes and leave the main board.

Okay, so you are just assuming you can take a cluster from a uk spec car and plug it in and it'll work in a us spec car? I'd be curious to see if that worked or not. That'd be neat if it does and a relatively pricey experiment if they don't.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's just displaying the information provided by the ECU, I doubt there are huge differences. If there are, it's probably something you can set in ETACS. These are globals cars, after all.

But, in either case, doesn't seem like anyone can set the odometer yet. I guess I'll just keep an eye out for a low mileage one. Only have 1.6K on my Mirage right now.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    the indicator led for the CC isn't working.Now I'm certain that I didn't do something exactly right when I reflashed the etacs to get CC as it has an led in there now.
    Hi, any update with the CC indicator light?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    Hi, any update with the CC indicator light?
    No, I've decided to not open up the gauge cluster to do any more work because the C control works as does the improved T signal leds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For anyone interested, a gauge cluster swapped from a UK Space Star into a USA Mirage does indeed work. Mostly plug and play.

I say "mostly" because the fancier Euro-spec eco gauge doesn't seem to light correctly. I will mess around in ETACS when I get a chance. I have an impression (correct or not) that there was a setting related to gauge cluster style.

Would try it now, but two things are holding me back: (1) the new gauge has 7K miles on it, but my current one only has about 2K and (2) recently had LASIK so I can't really see **** at the moment.
    Last edited by PityOnU; 11-25-2020 at 06:27 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think I do remember a setting on there for if there is an Eco Gauge or not.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yes there is a on/off setting for the Eco gauge, it "bugged" me so I deactivated it....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)