Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blank space next to the Traction Control Switch and Cruise Control On/Off Switch?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Search the forum for “towing”. There are a few very lengthy threads where ALOT of discussion about the wisdom (or lack of) towing with your Mirage.
    Even with an electric brake controller or surge brakes on the trailer, I don't think I would feel safe to tow with such a little car. Maybe a trailer designed for a motorcycle would work, but why risk possibly voiding the warranty.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    Even with an electric brake controller or surge brakes on the trailer, I don't think I would feel safe to tow with such a little car. Maybe a trailer designed for a motorcycle would work, but why risk possibly voiding the warranty.
    There is a thread about someone towing a car with a mirage half way across the country somewhere on here

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,822 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Switches for those blanks can be found online with a bit of Google-fu. I looked into installing a USB power adapter either there or on the center console. I think someone else may have used one for their foglight install.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    I prefer to use the right tool for the job but this is kinda funny. Have you seen that roadkill where they tow'd something with an old amc. I think they were flat towing a prius? I can't find the video but they got a flat and hit the ditch. I'm sure it was made more dramatic for the camera's but could happen.
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...with-my-mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)