Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blank space next to the Traction Control Switch and Cruise Control On/Off Switch?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Blank space next to the Traction Control Switch and Cruise Control On/Off Switch?

I'm just curious. Does anyone know what switch would replace the blank space next to the Traction Control Switch (on the right side) . I had seen the BlueTooth Switch in the third position to the right, but what would go in the second position? There is also a blank space next to the Cruise Control On/Off Switch (on the right side) mounted on the steering wheel. Any idea what switch would go there? Are there other options available for which these blank spaces would be utilized?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Auto stop/start and headlight leveling
    (blank signature)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

MirageSEFan (03-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    I'm just curious. Does anyone know what switch would replace the blank space next to the Traction Control Switch (on the right side) . I had seen the BlueTooth Switch in the third position to the right, but what would go in the second position? There is also a blank space next to the Cruise Control On/Off Switch (on the right side) mounted on the steering wheel. Any idea what switch would go there? Are there other options available for which these blank spaces would be utilized?
    The blank space on the steering wheel could be for "forward collision mitigation system" to turn it on and off. It's not available in the North America market but is an option in some Asian markets.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MirageSEFan (03-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post

Auto stop/start and headlight leveling
    Very nice! Thank you for the information and the photo. Was the headlight leveling switch used for the Halogen or H.I.D. headlights? Was it an option in the U.S.?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    The blank space on the steering wheel could be for "forward collision mitigation system" to turn it on and off. It's not available in the North America market but is an option in some Asian markets.
    Thank you! I wish we had that option in the U.S. My friend has it in his 2017 Hyundai Azera. It saved his butt one day when he was doing a little too much girl watching near the shore. He didn't notice that the car in front of him had stopped to make a turn. The brakes slammed on and he luckily avoided an accident.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very nice! Thank you for the information and the photo. Was the headlight leveling switch used for the Halogen or H.I.D. headlights? Was it an option in the U.S.?
    Both. It's mandatory in many European countries because they pull a lot more trailers than us and it's a way to make sure they're not blinding anyone.

Neither is or has been an option here.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why would a mirage need headlight leveling? Trucks I understand for towing or especially hauling very heavy loads. My tundra has it but I've yet to see it on a car. That's not on my mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Both. It's mandatory in many European countries because they pull a lot more trailers than us and it's a way to make sure they're not blinding anyone.

Neither is or has been an option here.
    Interesting. I can't tow with my 2017. This is what it says in my manual - Trailer towing
    WARNING  Do not use this vehicle for trailer towing.It may not be possible to maintain control
    or adequate braking.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Interesting. I can't tow with my 2017. This is what it says in my manual - Trailer towing
    WARNING  Do not use this vehicle for trailer towing.It may not be possible to maintain control
    or adequate braking.
    Search the forum for “towing”. There are a few very lengthy threads where ALOT of discussion about the wisdom (or lack of) towing with your Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Why would a mirage need headlight leveling? Trucks I understand for towing or especially hauling very heavy loads. My tundra has it but I've yet to see it on a car. That's not on my mirage
    It's not on any Mirage stateside. Every car I ever drove in Europe had one. They have much more stringent headlight laws than we do.

(blank signature)