Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Nissan Versa Note - cancelled. UPDATE: new Versa sedan for 2020

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Attachment 14074

The small hatchback pie continues to shrink in the U.S. Is this good for the Mirage's long term prospects?

A report from CarsDirect says the 2019 Versa Note will cease being available this year.
    I'm pretty sure there are two Nissan Versa hatchbacks for sale in Canada, the Note and the regular Versa.

Hopefully the Nissan Micra continues being imported into Canada, it's a "Canada-only, not US-market" small car they are still selling

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I'm pretty sure the versa is a sedan(usa) and a versa note is a hatchback(both usa and Canada). I looked at nissan.ca but don't try nissan.com some computer/internet guy named Nissan own's that one and it sure looks like Nissan motor company isn't happy about it!!!

Attachment 14114
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-08-2019 at 09:53 PM. Reason: because train, And had to fix my screw up note is sold in usa as well

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm pretty sure the versa is a sedan(usa) and a versa note is a hatchback(canada).
    Yea something like that, I think the Versa Note is better looking than the Versa hatchback, and the Micra is the better of the 3 cars.

Someone who lives near me bought a new Note, dark blue looks sharp. The Versa hatchback on the other hand looks weird like the Fiat SUV that first one looks weird same way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I hear the versa note sedan is pretty sweet
    The micra is smaller and gets worse fuel economy doesn't it? At least by comparing nissan's numbers automatics/cvt.
    It is way cheaper though. But the micra doesn't use a cvt which could be a bonus.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The micra is smaller and gets worse fuel economy doesn't it? .
    Isn't that strange, I just looked up the fuel economy numbers on Nissan's website, the Micra gets 6.8 hwy and the Note 6.2.

Not much difference in the grand scheme, and the $4500 dollar price difference is more than the fuel savings ever will be.

Looking at this data on other small cars, the Mirage is better on gas than most cars that is true.

There's only one Versa in Canada... the Note. You must be thinking about the previous gen Versa hatch, dspace9. It was a little odd looking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    The micra is smaller and gets worse fuel economy doesn't it? At least by comparing nissan's numbers automatics/cvt.
    It is way cheaper though. But the micra doesn't use a cvt which could be a bonus.
    The nice thing about the base model Mirage ES in the United States is that it comes standard with power windows, remote entry, A/C, cruise, etc..... 5 speed manual is standard, but a CVT can be added to the base model Mirage. It's not a bad vehicle for the money.

A base model Micra & Mirage doesn't come with as many standard features in Canada. Unless I am looking at things incorrectly, adding a 4-speed automatic to a base model Micra adds over $3000 to the overall cost of the vehicle. Even in Canadian dollars that seems like a lot, & you are still left with a basic car that does have A/C, power windows, remote entry, etc....

Personally, a lot of that stuff doesn't matter to me, but you made it clear that it's important to your drivers.

Micra's fuel economy is listed @ 6.8 Hwy/8.7 City. Mirage's fuel economy is listed @ 5.6 Hwy/6.6 City.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Was 03 not recalled for frame rust?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxK3vFNyYxQ

I had a coworker with a b2200 with a rusty frame like that, the top of the box was hitting the back of the cab. He ended up jacking it up and wedging some 2x4's between the cab and box so it'd sit normal then sent it to auction.

What was this thread about again?
    He lives in So. California. The truck is like a museum piece. Spotless.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    About those Versas.
    Many of you no doubt investigated them online prior to your Mirage purchase.
    Surely you concluded they were not reliable?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    He lives in So. California. The truck is like a museum piece. Spotless.
    And probably still worth about 75% of what he paid for it 16 years ago. Everybody loves that era of Taco, and people are willing to pay what is often called "The Tacoma Tax" when shopping for a used truck.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Pryme (03-10-2019)