Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Nissan Versa Note - cancelled. UPDATE: new Versa sedan for 2020

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderBridgeDweller View Post
    About those Versas.
    Many of you no doubt investigated them online prior to your Mirage purchase.
    Surely you concluded they were not reliable?
    Not I. I made no such comparisons. I'm familiar with Mitsubishi from way back and knew I wanted the Mirage. I spent more time wondering if there was some fatal flaw, some deal breaker - and I found none.

So far so good. I don't drive mine as much as others though.

Edit: Nice post by the way. I appreciate a reasonably close Mirage Forum haiku. Communication games are fun.

Last edited by Eggman; 03-09-2019 at 09:27 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    The small hatchback pie continues to shrink in the U.S. Is this good for the Mirage's long term prospects?
    Hard to tell. Seeing other manufacturers leave the small car segment makes it appear that there's better prospects of sales for the Mirage. On the other hand, look at Mitsubishi's latest offering - another crossover. And not much news about the Mirage either.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    About those Versas.
    I cross-shopped the Versa sedan because it had the distinction...at the time...of being the cheapest new car sold in the US. It might still be? I passed on it because it did not get the mileage I needed, and I read several reports of piston-slap, peeling paint, uncomfortable seats, and other maladies from owners. I also could not get a higher-spec car with a manual transmission as I could with the Mirage. It was dismissed from consideration pretty quickly.

By contrast, I searched the globe for people who were having any kind of problems with the Mirage. I found nothing.

The only other car I seriously considered was the Toyota Yaris.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I searched the globe for people who were having any kind of problems with the Mirage. I found nothing.

The only other car I seriously considered was the Toyota Yaris.
    I considered the Versa and Yaris too, and the lower fuel economy numbers made me go Mirage. I've had my Mirage 5 years, and mostly trouble free driving.

I wouldn't say that Mirage is perfect, my starter was replaced for being faulty, manuafacturer's defect - a problem of 2013 and 14 Mirages.

That's it in 5 years, 100,000 km's of driving. Pretty good but not perfect. Dash rattles, but every Mitsu rental I've driven same issue

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    About those Versas.
    I'm sure the paths to owning a Mirage are quite varied. If you are interested in owning a car that is affordable, reliable, & economical, you may find yourself on a Mirage forum.

While shopping for an economy car, the Versa was never on my radar. Manual transmission, 5-door hatchback, & under $10,000 were items that I was not willing to compromise on. When I discovered that I could buy a brand new Mirage for $9000, my focus on used stuff (Yaris, Fit, Mazda 2, Rio5, etc...) quickly disappeared. I had found a car that was affordable, reliable, and very economical to drive. Almost 1.5 years later, I have no regrets!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Speaking of Versa, I drove a new Versa sedan today. 2019 extra basic no frills model. Had 3 miles on it. What a TURD. Having the extra engine power was nice versus the Mirage but the gear shift, clutch, seat, and equipment levels were pretty bad. I had a lot of trouble driving it because of how the clutch worked. There was like zero movement up from the floor before it started to engage. Stalled it out a few times, to be honest. Plus, while the window sticker starts less than the Mirage, you can't buy the Versa as cheap as you can the Mirage. Forget it.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-10-2019),MetroMPG (03-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Speaking of Versa, I drove a new Versa sedan today. 2019 extra basic no frills model. Had 3 miles on it. What a TURD. Having the extra engine power was nice versus the Mirage but the gear shift, clutch, seat, and equipment levels were pretty bad. I had a lot of trouble driving it because of how the clutch worked. There was like zero movement up from the floor before it started to engage. Stalled it out a few times, to be honest. Plus, while the window sticker starts less than the Mirage, you can't buy the Versa as cheap as you can the Mirage. Forget it.
    Just curious? What was the purpose of your Versa test drive? Are looking for something better than your Mirage, or adding another vehicle to your fleet?

I think we should have a rumble... Mirage forum vs. Versa forum. Who's in!??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Just curious? What was the purpose of your Versa test drive? Are looking for something better than your Mirage, or adding another vehicle to your fleet?
    Mostly boredom and curiousity. Plus the Nissan dealer was right across the street from the Chinese buffet my buddy and I ate at and some toilets needed to be punished from our overeating hahahaha.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I think we should have a rumble... Mirage forum vs. Versa forum. Who's in!??
    I don't know about that? If the Versa Note is truly on its way out, I hate to kick somebody while they are down!