Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Turtle :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Ninja Turtle
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Kiwi Green
    CVT

Bought 2014 Mirage DE CVT with 45k miles on it. Hoping I can get this car to 150k miles.

Details

14" Bridgestone 165's

Comments: 20 / Views: 8839
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-10-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I love that colour.. Is the bump strip on the side OEM??? It looks as it would prevent some park lot door dings...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-10-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Thank you! I hope to educate myself on the Mirage theres two in the family now. 17 G4 n 14 Mirage DE

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Yes I believe I saw it on a Mitsu brochure on added amenities. I think its OEM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Dirk, how's the Ninja Turtle holding up? A 2014 is now six model-years old. Have you had to replace anything? Has anything broken or otherwise failed?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey Dirk, how's the Ninja Turtle holding up? A 2014 is now six model-years old. Have you had to replace anything? Has anything broken or otherwise failed?
    Nothing has broken thank god. Ive put almost 30k miles on it since I got it in March of 2019 and no CEL, no tpms light, etc. Its taken the beating of doing rideshare quite well. Ive done preventative measures like new front pads/shoes at 50k miles, a CVT fluid service at 45k miles, new serpentine belt at 65k miles, 4 oil changes every 7500 miles/full synthetic. My hatch is now at 71k miles and its held up nicely. Its nice to hear from Fummins that these CVTs can easily go over 150k miles and more. The car is everything I hoped for in an econo****box/workhorse. All my issues lie with Mitsubishi Corp. They dont honor their warranties with subsequent owners at all and theyre parts are insanely expensive. I should of done my rearch better on Mitsubishi before I invested in 2 for my family. Now I know.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-05-2020),supesusuta (03-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Nothing has broken thank god. Ive put almost 30k miles on it since I got it in March of 2019 and no CEL, no tpms light, etc. Its taken the beating of doing rideshare quite well. Ive done preventative measures like new front pads/shoes at 50k miles, a CVT fluid service at 45k miles, new serpentine belt at 65k miles, 4 oil changes every 7500 miles/full synthetic. My hatch is now at 71k miles and its held up nicely. Its nice to hear from Fummins that these CVTs can easily go over 150k miles and more. The car is everything I hoped for in an econo****box/workhorse.
    It's good to hear your Mirage is holding up nicely for you, especially how you use it for ride sharing.

All my issues lie with Mitsubishi Corp. They dont honor their warranties with subsequent owners at all and theyre parts are insanely expensive. I should of done my rearch better on Mitsubishi before I invested in 2 for my family. Now I know.
    I'll have to respectfully disagree here. My dealership replaced my rear axle under warranty, and I've heard plenty of other examples of Mirage owners getting good warranty service from their selling dealer or through other dealers. Most recently, forum member Dodge Aries K is getting a replacement engine, and through a dealer with the most notorious reputation. On top of that he's not the original owner.

One year and 30,000 miles down the road for the Ninja Turtle. Here's to many more happy, carefree motoring miles.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It's good to hear your Mirage is holding up nicely for you, especially how you use it for ride sharing.

I'll have to respectfully disagree here. My dealership replaced my rear axle under warranty, and I've heard plenty of other examples of Mirage owners getting good warranty service from their selling dealer or through other dealers. Most recently, forum member Dodge Aries K is getting a replacement engine, and through a dealer with the most notorious reputation. On top of that he's not the original owner.

One year and 30,000 miles down the road for the Ninja Turtle. Here's to many more happy, carefree motoring miles.
    Thanks, but we've been denied 3 times by Mitsu. The first 2 for no new rear axle, its not considered powertrain? And the last was Mitsu pulling the failed engine out badly, wrecking the heatercore and refusing to put in a new one even though they were completely at fault. It shouldnt matter that just because the dealership we got the g4 from was closed down that another dealer can deny warranty work. Thankfully they ghetto rigged the heatercore tubes and it seems to be holding with only a slight coolant leak that I top off once a month. But still for MY experience as a subsequent owner, Mitsubishi is crap. Thankfully these are well designed cars that hold up well and dont require alot of new parts all the time. I wonder though, if the quality of Mitsu parts is better or worse than say Toyota?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, but we've been denied 3 times by Mitsu. The first 2 for no new rear axle, its not considered powertrain? And the last was Mitsu pulling the failed engine out badly, wrecking the heatercore and refusing to put in a new one even though they were completely at fault. It shouldnt matter that just because the dealership we got the g4 from was closed down that another dealer can deny warranty work. Thankfully they ghetto rigged the heatercore tubes and it seems to be holding with only a slight coolant leak that I top off once a month. But still for MY experience as a subsequent owner, Mitsubishi is crap. Thankfully these are well designed cars that hold up well and dont require alot of new parts all the time. I wonder though, if the quality of Mitsu parts is better or worse than say Toyota?
    What if you bought a new Mirage rather than buying used? By choosing to buy used you saved loads, but take a reduced warranty. Heck, not every car manufacturer will give as good a warranty as Mitsubishi. I wouldn't expect a dealership to fix some others mistakes.