Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the blue LED floor illumination stay on all the time?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Does the blue LED floor illumination stay on all the time?

Silly question, but it's been knawing at me. Does the optional LED floor lighting stay on all the time when the car is running or is it hooked to the regular lights somehow and only comes on only when they are turned on? Or maybe they come on with a separate switch?

I asked the local Mitsubishi dealer and they had no idea (and probably didn't care)

It's kinda gimmicky, but I had a rental 2014 Ford Fiesta with it a few months ago and really liked the way it livened up an otherwise dull, dark cabin at night. It was controlled through a switch on the dash, and had a variety of colors to choose from (the Mirage's only comes in blue, or so it seems, which is okay)

They also have a separate LED light package just for the console on the Mirage; equally cheesy yet just as appealing

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    On a side note- I didn't notice this until after the post; it looks like the cruise/audio switches on the steering wheel light up at night too (matching the red lighting of the dash). That's a nice touch if they do.

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks
    Would be good to know as I was planning a little project myself using blue LEDs - was just going to slave them to the lighter socket using scotch locks and an illuminated switch.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I didnt get the ones with the blue LED :/ but thats a good question lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    If I had to guess I'd say they'd be tied into the dome light and act similar to it.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I put 12v blue neon stick connected to the cigarette lighter splitter with it's own switch so I can turn on and off them as I like.

But to answer your question I really think it's connected to the dome light if you put the dome light on auto, it will turn on when you open the car doors, turn off engine and will turn off after a while on its own.
    Last edited by m4v3r1ck; 11-14-2013 at 01:16 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by festiboi View Post
    Silly question, but it's been knawing at me. Does the optional LED floor lighting stay on all the time when the car is running or is it hooked to the regular lights somehow and only comes on only when they are turned on? Or maybe they come on with a separate switch?

I asked the local Mitsubishi dealer and they had no idea (and probably didn't care)

It's kinda gimmicky, but I had a rental 2014 Ford Fiesta with it a few months ago and really liked the way it livened up an otherwise dull, dark cabin at night. It was controlled through a switch on the dash, and had a variety of colors to choose from (the Mirage's only comes in blue, or so it seems, which is okay)

They also have a separate LED light package just for the console on the Mirage; equally cheesy yet just as appealing
    Hi there

I have both the blue LED floor well lights and the centre console light to illuminate the gear selector and cup holders. I can confirm the floor well lights are connected to the same circuit as the interior dome light. This means they only come on when the car is unlocked or when the engine is turned off. They turn off automatically when the engine is started or the car is locked.

The centre console LED only comes on when the cars headlights are on the same as the rest of the night time illumination.

Cheers

Tim

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to timbo350 For This Useful Post:

Ares (02-17-2014),Brian (03-03-2014),Daox (12-04-2013),m4v3r1ck (12-04-2013)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo350 View Post
    Hi there

I have both the blue LED floor well lights and the centre console light to illuminate the gear selector and cup holders. I can confirm the floor well lights are connected to the same circuit as the interior dome light. This means they only come on when the car is unlocked or when the engine is turned off. They turn off automatically when the engine is started or the car is locked.

The centre console LED only comes on when the cars headlights are on the same as the rest of the night time illumination.

Cheers

Tim
    As always nicely done by Mitsubishi!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Thanks for verifying that Tim.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

timbo350 (12-04-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    does anyone know how to get their hands on installation instructions for these light kits? or what cable to slice into? i would like to get the same effect for the center console but with red LED's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 54.7 mpg (US) ... 23.3 km/L ... 4.3 L/100 km ... 65.7 mpg (Imp)