Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mirage CVT with 45k miles a reliable vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The technical term for it on a CVT car is the 'ring gear', which is what I am sure Fummins meant. This seems to be a problem that Mitsubishi caught on to fairly quickly, and it is mostly seen in very early '14 CVT cars. It is prevalent in '14 cars with 2013 build dates. What is the build date on yours? Check the sticker inside the driver's door jamb.

If yours doesn't grind on engagement, then it is possible the problem was already taken care of by Mitsubishi under warranty. By the way, if you have 45k on the car you might try to find your car's original in-service date. You may have some of the factory 5/60 warranty left if you encounter any problems. That warranty is transferable to other owners.

Other than this problem and the notorious 'misaligned rear axle problem' (search here), these cars are very, very reliable.
    Same **** different pile.....flexplate,flywheel....same thing to me and the guy who's gonna be looking up parts at the store.. Ring gear is actually the gear that goes around the plate but who's being picky? lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-07-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Sorry man. Im new to alot of this especially parts. But thankfully theres wizards such as yourself to explain lol. Thank you brother!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Your awsome dude. Thank you. So you own a fleet of cars? Rentals?

I just fix them. Work uses them for delivery's.

Oh, you might get beat up a little for what you paid for your car. Seems a little high to me for a 5 year old Mirage. But I usually seem to always find better deals after the fact. And who cares, it's your money.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    It included brand new bridgestone tires and an extra fob key, which cost $175 bucks can you believe it? Plus the original owner added some oem ammenities which priced ir up. Msrp on it was $6600.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Your from Alberta? Man my girlfriend and I daily lament that we cant immigrate to Canada from Atlanta, Georgia lol. Weed is still illegal here. And medical bills has pretty much ruined my credit. Your health system is vastly superior.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Your from Alberta? Man my girlfriend and I daily lament that we cant immigrate to Canada from Atlanta, Georgia lol. Weed is still illegal here. And medical bills has pretty much ruined my credit. Your health system is vastly superior.
    Emigrate to Washington State. The weather is mostly like Canada on the west side, and weed is completely legal. There are weed stores all over my town...all painted GREEN. Way more weed stores than liquor stores! One of the biggest weed stores in the state is a one minute drive from where I work. Walk in, pay cash, get weed that has been tested for quality and potency by the government. IT. IS. CHEAP. A friend of mine just told me that half an ounce of weed that will practically put you into a coma...like 35% THC...is around $80.

I don't smoke it, but everyone I know seems to!

But we have the same health care as you folks in ATL. Can't have everything, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Come on over to Alberta eh!

That's no good, I feel bad for you there! Yeah health care is free here. Subscriptions aren't but I have decent health insurance that usually covers a huge chunk of prescriptions. I broke my femur quading years ago, took one ambulance to the closest small town about 20 mins away, then the next day took another one to the City 3 hrs away. I had to pay for the first ride $200, second was covered. I couldn't imagine what that woulda cost down south.
    Taxes are pretty low here too, gas usually is the cheapest in the country I believe? Mountains are pretty awesome too.
    And yeah weed is legal in Canada, I know lots of people that smoke. Nobody had a problem getting it before it was legal. I don't smoke, I stick to what I'm good at. Beer.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    That ambulance ride without insurance here would of cost you 3k bucks, easy. Trust I know I got the bill to prove it.