Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mirage CVT with 45k miles a reliable vehicle?

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Lol... no. Come to Seattle, WA or Portland, OR and you'll see that's not true.
    Its getting quite annoying. Traffic in Tacoma, Fife, Puyallup, is 10x bad than it was before. I used to get to work in just 5 minutes after rush hour around 6:30pm-7pm, but now it takes me 20-30 minutes.

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Wait, a flywheel replacement? I thought that only involved manual transmissions? Forgive my ignorance Im truly trying to absorb as much info as I can. My girlfriend got the 2017 G4 sedan a month before I got mine so Im responsible for two Mitsus. Lol
    My Mitsubishi Mirage is a 2014 but really an early 2013 build and a manual, and my starter and flywheel had to be replaced, just last week. Ended up covered (mostly) by the dealer and Mitsu, but I had to fight tooth and nail to get my Mirage fixed and back in my driveway. My local dealer was Mitsubishi-Jaguar when I got my little Mirage new back in 14, so the service was better then than now for sure. Cliche but true here.

My new starter you can tell will start my Mirage every time now!! and not stranded me like it has on and off for 5 years. (finally not funny either)... issue on and off from day 1, took lots of legwork for them to recognize the recall I found on here the Mitsubishi Mirage Forum legit...

now Dealer is saying they say they spent over 3 grand fixing my Mirage, ya right

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Damn. Sorry to hear you've gone through all that. I was given advice to check my side door placard to check my manufactured date. Thank god, it was a later built 2014 not the fly wheel problematic (for a minority of owners) 2013's. Im glad it worked out for you and that warranty was honored. Sounds like you raised hell lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Lol... no. Come to Seattle, WA or Portland, OR and you'll see that's not true.
    I guess its https://livability.com/list/top-100-...2019/10?page=0

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I only live 65 miles from number 3 on the list. I don't feel so bad now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I only live 65 miles from number 3 on the list. I don't feel so bad now.
    I meant to link the top ten calif transplant states lol guess I did that top 100 city one.

Texas was 1, then AZ followed by Washington. NV AND Oregon round out top five.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I meant to link the top ten calif transplant states lol guess I did that top 100 city one.

Texas was 1, then AZ followed by Washington. NV AND Oregon round out top five.
    Theres a bunch in Austin and Dallas. Cowboy hats are getting replaced with samurai man top buns.......but I digress. lol

Could be worse, a bunch of us might be wearing turbans(new Canadian motorcycle helmet) when we go quading because safety.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-17-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Could be worse, a bunch of us might be wearing turbans(new Canadian motorcycle helmet) when we go quading because safety.
    Lolol. You have a bunch of wildlife in Alberta? Grizzly, brown, and black bears? What about caribou and mooses getting on the roads? Here in Georgia, we only got black bears and opossums.

Surely you could opt to wear a pasta strainer instead of a turban as your safety headgear of choice. At least in the summer... better airflow = much cooler.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-17-2019)