Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Black
    CVT

•  
    Comments: 13 / Views: 11774
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a 2017 Mirage ES with 54000 miles. I bought it with 52000. I am recently hearing a varying whistle noise around the 1500 rpm range when continuing from a stop. I don't hear it when at cruising speed. Just when accelerating from stop. Sounds to me while driving it is coming from in engine compartment from passenger side. Anyone experience this??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    no one?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinboy View Post
    no one?
    I wouldn't assume everyone reads garage entries. You may want to start a thread focusing on your concern. Just a suggestion!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I have a 2017 Mirage ES with 54000 miles. I bought it with 52000. I am recently hearing a varying whistle noise around the 1500 rpm range when continuing from a stop. I don't hear it when at cruising speed. Just when accelerating from stop. Sounds to me while driving it is coming from in engine compartment from passenger side. Anyone experience this??
    I've noticed a chirping sound on some cold starts in my Mirage. I'm not sure if it's the same as your symptoms though.

Somewhere around here I recall some other forum members mentioned that the air intake snorkel can become loose and wiggly. I've concluded that's what is happening in my situation. And it only happens in certain engine speeds.

It's just something to look at. I kinda doubt it fits your description.

Sorry for not responding sooner. We were out enjoying some Lenten fish fry cuisine. Can't be on the forum all the time you know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Can you take a video and provide a link?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just when accelerating from stop. Sounds to me while driving it is coming from in engine compartment from passenger side. Anyone experience this??
    Have you checked the belt condition & tension?? I know the belt on the kids Honda down the street from me makes a horrible noise when he accelerates past my house, but I suspect he doesn't hear it over the LOUD music & 3" fart can exhaust

Roger

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What is the correct way to check the CVT oil level on this Mirage after it is up to proper temp? With the engine idling or with the engine stopped??

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have a 2017 Mirage ES with 54000 miles. I bought it with 52000. I am recently hearing a varying whistle noise around the 1500 rpm
    Passenger side is drive wheel so it might be drive train not engine. Is the car vibrating? Might want to check with the experts to reallly diagnose

Also important to tell the newbie Mirage owner, the Mirage's engine bay whistles loudly and a ton, like it's weird how much whistle-y wind noise you get in your Mirage, particularly when slowing down.

I experience it more on windy days in my Mirage, but also heard it mentioned by youtube reviewers of the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Passenger side is drive wheel so it might be drive train not engine.

Also important to tell the newbie Mirage owner, the Mirage's engine bay whistles loudly and a ton, like it's weird how much whistle-y wind noise you get in your Mirage, particularly when slowing down.

I experience it more on windy days in my Mirage, but also heard it mentioned by youtube reviewers of the car.
    Can you show me how the passenger side wheel is the drive wheel??? This doesn't sound right. There is a differential in the transmission, & torque is delivered to the wheel that has the least resistance to spin. That is why they gave us the traction control that reduces the engine torque & applies a brake to the spinning wheel if necessary.. Also I haven't heard any whistling noise from my engine compartment on my properly maintained Mirage..

Roger

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)