Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Going on first 600 mile roundtrip road trip in 2014 Mirage/first trip with no cruise

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Wow, complicated schematics. Im completely useless in electrical systems.

The Mitsubishi dealership that I purchased my 2017 Mirage ES (manual) offers an aftermarket cruise installed for $599. Since they are 4 hours away, I have never taken them up on that. You may be able to find someone outside of a dealership that would add an after market cruise for less. Rostra is probably the most popular, and they are about $300 now.

http://www.rostra.com/2014-mitsubish...rol-add-on.php

I personally like the set up Daox created, because it makes use of the push button start area on the dash. It involves being able to enable the cruise feature that already exists on your car, and I like that, too. I haven't pursued any of these options myself, but they do exist. You don't have to say I bought a base model Mirage, & I can't have cruise. It's definitely an option that can be added.

I've driven my 2017 Mirage approximately 21,500 miles without cruise. I really wouldn't bother using cruise for most of my daily driving. I have done trips (one-way) of 630 miles, 360 miles, and my parents live approximately 230 miles away (do this trip quite often). I've never found myself uncomfortable driving the Mirage without cruise. There are times when I wish I had cruise, but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

My base level Mirage is pretty much stock, but I did add a Daox rear sway bar. I feel that was money well spent, & something you can do yourself quite easily (just 4 bolts).

Hope you enjoy your trip in your Mirage! My dad was surprised when I told him I bought a brand new car for under $10,000, & some of his friends still don't believe it. It's an affordable, reliable, & economical small car. Enjoy it!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-10-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Lol! I could lose a few at 6 foot 230lbs no doubt. I never thought there was a correlation between leg pain on long distance trips and weight. Interesting.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I was joking. I never knew anybody in my life to need an hourly break while driving. Just find a neutral position where your foot holds throttle, and drive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    I was joking. I never knew anybody in my life to need an hourly break while driving. Just find a neutral position where your foot holds throttle, and drive.
    My stops revolve around my bladder more than anything else!

Sorry if that is to much information.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Any advice for highway driving? I live in Atlanta where its welcome to the thunderdome when it comes to driving on our freeways. Is it going to tax my engine hard if I do 80mph for 5 hours straight?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Also I have a hard time hearing my podcast on the freeway. Any way to tweak my speakers? More tremble perhaps? Even at volume 45 I struggle to hear.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any advice for highway driving? I live in Atlanta where its welcome to the thunderdome when it comes to driving on our freeways. Is it going to tax my engine hard if I do 80mph for 5 hours straight?
    I wouldn't want to drive a mirage five hours at 80mph.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Im curious why not? Any advice is much appreciated. Perhaps 70-75 is less stressful?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Oh, you bought a CVT without cruise control, eh? You know the CVT only maximizes economy when cruise is on, right? Uh oh haha.

I have done 4500rpm for hours on end before. Car doesn't care.

Speakers do NOT go loud enough for the highway noise in the car. Find a good bluetooth speaker, power it off your cig lighter, and tape it down somewhere. That or look into a complete system overhaul.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Im curious why not? Any advice is much appreciated. Perhaps 70-75 is less stressful?

If you are going to drive 80 mph for 5 hours, you'll appreciate the lower rpm of the CVT @ higher speeds for sure. When I went on a fishing trip to Devils Lake, ND last summer, I did some 75+ mph driving in North Dakota. I thought the Mirage held its own, & I drive a manual. I don't drive quite that fast going through Minnesota & Wisconsin.

https://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/law...ralinterstates