Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Going on first 600 mile roundtrip road trip in 2014 Mirage/first trip with no cruise

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Thank you for reply! I had a feeling the gauge was too conservative! I guess its to prevent us from truly running out of gas.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    1. I use regular unleaded, like the manual recommends.
    2. Ive checked the rear axle, all seems pretty even. Also just had the Mitsu dealership inspect the car, check the alignment etc. They didnt mention a word of rear axle problem. It is a 2014 with 40k you'd think the previous owner would have taken care of the issue.
    3. Long distances are uncomfortable for me in any car, but without cruise control my leg will ache. So it just means more pit stops. That's fine the little gas tank needs it too.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Just got back. I must say I was surprised by the smooth ride. It was a little loud, but I got used to it and then forgot about it. I kept it at 80mph most of the way and the little car felt great. Like a slow roadster coupe in some ways. Passing wasnt an issue nor windage. I did feel like I was constantly correcting the steering in a minor fashion. Glad I got the thick steering wheel cover. In the end only spent 40 bucks on gas for a 700 mile trip. I payed double that in the past on the same trip. Can anyone recommend a good butt support plow lol. Cheers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-14-2019)