Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Armrest / Storage Center Console (non-Mitsubishi) for Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello all,
    . . . . I just received mine a few days ago! It took over two months to arrive. I have installed it but I haven't had a chance to use it for I haven't driven my car since then. I like the way it looks and I believe that it will turn out to be very useful. I will be going to WB Mitsubishi on Monday for some service work, warranty work, and to get the parts to repair the damage that was done when I hit a Raccoon almost 4 weeks ago.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ordered mine on eBay and got it within a week. So far I'm very impressed and happy with it! It isn't 100% stable, it moves a bit but doesn't seem like it's going to fall apart. I wish it's a tad higher as well. But overall, it works great for a 3rd party part, adds extra comfort to the ride, and a touch of "luxury" as well. $35 well spent!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Newto and all,
    . . . . I have now driven about 1K miles with my new armrest. It is great. I like the storage and I like being able to rest my right arm on it. Newto I paid about $50 for mine and it is worth it. Lots of extra storage and it is stable. I'll get some pictures of it this weekend.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Where is this armrest made?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Eggman,
    . . . . Unfortunately it was made in China and I didn't like that. I try not to buy anything from China but it is extremely difficult not to do so. We need to re-industrialize and cut our ties with China.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Eggman,
    . . . . Unfortunately it was made in China and I didn't like that. I try not to buy anything from China but it is extremely difficult not to do so. We need to re-industrialize and cut our ties with China.
    I wouldn't say it's 'extremely difficult'. If not supporting one country or another is important to you, don't buy their products. I've operated my Mirage for over four years without one.

But then again, that's just hypocritical since I'm driving a foreign-made car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Eggman,
    . . . . The armrest really helps to reduce my fatigue level. So it is very helpful. No! I disagree that it is hypocritical in that China is a sworn enemy that wants to destroy us and all of the democracies of the world while Japan is a friend and one of those democracies that China wants to destroy.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Eggman,
    . . . . The armrest really helps to reduce my fatigue level. So it is very helpful. No! I disagree that it is hypocritical in that China is a sworn enemy that wants to destroy us and all of the democracies of the world while Japan is a friend and one of those democracies that China wants to destroy.
    If you feel that strongly about China, why buy Chinese products and give them your money? Don't you think that is hypocritical?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Eggman,
    . . . . I agree and I probably shouldn't have but like I said it really helps and it is a very nice armrest. I guess we make our choices and then we have to live with it. Sigh!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Eggman,
    . . . . I agree and I probably shouldn't have but like I said it really helps and it is a very nice armrest. I guess we make our choices and then we have to live with it. Sigh!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    It's pretty hard to avoid Chinese products in all cases. If someone knows of a good American-made armrest that fits a Mirage nicely, they should share that with us.

My Mirage had the factory armrest installed prior to purchase, & it's not anything special in my mind. I do find myself using it to shift my butt in the seat from time to time, however. You can't really rest your arm on it while your hand is on the steering wheel, because of it's small size. After market ones appear to be cheaper & more practical.

Rich - Did you make a trip to WB yesterday? If so, did they help you get your new fog lights working?