Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Armrest / Storage Center Console (non-Mitsubishi) for Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If I remember correctly, the box mine came in said Made in Taiwain. I don't have a political stand against China made products, but quality wise I feel better when a product is made somewhere else.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    If I remember correctly, the box mine came in said Made in Taiwain. I don't have a political stand against China made products, but quality wise I feel better when a product is made somewhere else.
    Like a car made in Thailand, right?

I believe your new Federal tires are made in Taiwan, too!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Like a car made in Thailand, right?

I believe your new Federal tires are made in Taiwan, too!
    Between a car made in China and Thailand, I'd pick the latter any day

Yes, the Federal tires are. Funny thing is there was a big label on them that says something like "Made for America quality" that tricked me into thinking they were made in US for a second. I have purchased several products made in Taiwan and been happy with the quality. To be fair, not all China made products have bad quality. They do have one of the most advanced technology and manufacturing equipment. It's usually the cheap products that have questionable quality, but at the same time what can you expect from something cheap

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Eggman,
    . . . . The armrest that I bought was recommended by Mark. It is large enough that I can rest my arm on the rest and still hold the steering wheel. It also has plenty of storage. I'll go out and take pictures of it when I go down for the mail in about 40 minutes or so. Yes, the factory armrest is quite a bit smaller and just as much money.
    . . . . Yes, I went to WB. They turned my fog lamps on for me and didn't charge me anything. They also installed the new strut and the Camber and Toe came back to where they were supposed to be. They didn't even have to adjust the toe. It no longer pulls and the steering wheel is now straight. My Mirage is back where it was before I hit the Raccoon. I did kill a chipmunk last night on my way home. I'm sad about that!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello all,
    Here are those pictures.
    Name:  PICT0079.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  95.4 KB Name:  PICT0080.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  96.7 KB Name:  PICT0081.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  91.1 KB Name:  PICT0082.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  93.2 KB
    In the second picture you can see where a bottle of water or soda can be placed for the rear passenger. I carry my registration and insurance papers in the storage area in the third picture. I also put my checkbook and receipts in there when I am traveling. The larger area in the fourth picture is where I keep my medication bottles and change.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Hello all,
    Here are those pictures.
    Name:  PICT0079.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  95.4 KB Name:  PICT0080.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  96.7 KB Name:  PICT0081.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  91.1 KB Name:  PICT0082.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  93.2 KB
    In the second picture you can see where a bottle of water or soda can be placed for the rear passenger. I carry my registration and insurance papers in the storage area in the third picture. I also put my checkbook and receipts in there when I am traveling. The larger area in the fourth picture is where I keep my medication bottles and change.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Exactly what I got. If you want more comfort order a "Elbow Friend" rest pad from Amazon. Fits perfectly on top with straps to grasp the lid so its snug too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine is also the same except the red stitching is black (red looks nice!). They all probably come from the same factory. I’m almost certain my box said Taiwan though...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I guess I should add my post from the other thread here too, since this is where I first learned of there even being an armrest available. I have about 50ish miles driving with the "new" one and am really liking it so far. Way better aesthetics and the much needed additional height!

Well, my new console/armrest came in yesterday! I installed it and like the way it looks, but am not 100% sure about it. Here is a couple pics of the "old" one and the new one.

Old (I am not sure what's going on with the price, I think it was $40ish when I bought it) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-Mitsub...72.m2749.l2649

New (this was a slightly different price also) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3280...63b13a224XCZP0

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just installed mine made by Yinshi Manufacturering [sic]. Hope their quality is a bit better than their English.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

I purchased the center on eBay.
    It is the one that most people show here with the ashtray in back. (I use it to hold coins for toll roads)

One additional thing I can share that will help you is that you would be best served to throw away those cheap screws that this comes with and get some similar sized (bolts x4 / nuts X4 / washers x8 / lock washers X4 )

I removed the center from my Mirage (two plastic push pins in front and two small metric screws in the bottom. (1 under the middle trim and another at rear acess)

I also used thread locker on the bolts.

After that I drilled a 1" hole in the center of cup holder and incert, so that I could use the wasted space for my additional interior lighting network. (9 LED lights on each occupants side of the center council.)