Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armrest / Storage Center Console (non-Mitsubishi) for Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Armrest / Storage Center Console (non-Mitsubishi) for Mirage

Hello,

I found a great Armrest & Storage Console for my Mirage. I have included photo's and information about where I bought the console.

I had considered buying a factory Mitsubishi Armrest/Console. However, I didn't want to spend $140. I had seen some posts on this forum for an aftermarket Armrest/Console from Amazon. I found it for around $50. I then searched on Ebay and found a similar one. Here is one of the web links I found (Note: The price varies on EBay for this same item. Some sellers charge $30.00 shipping, so shop around for the best price with FREE shipping):

Storage Box Armrest Car Arm Rest Dual Layer For Mitsubishi Mirage 14 -18

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153243187786

It has some improvements over the one on Amazon and the price I found was $36.39 with free shipping from China. I could not resist, so I made the purchase. It didn't take very long to arrive. It looks great. They packaged it well, so it had no damage from shipping. It came with poor basic picture instructions (use the picture instructions on the Ebay listing instead) and about twelve screws. Assembly is easy and you only need four of the screws.

I quickly assembled the console and installed it into my car this morning. It just inserts into the cup holder and rests on the sides of the parking brake housing. There are no fasteners that mount it to the car. It doesn't need fasteners at all. It actually stays in place quite well. I like that you can quickly remove it anytime you want. I can't tell you enough about how great it looks and how functional it is. It has the capability to slide the whole storage box forward, just the top, or both. I find it is very comfortable for me to leave the back of storage box lined up with the back of the bottom mount. It has storage for documents on the top tray and storage for two pairs of sunglasses in the lower section. This is a great improvement for the Mirage and I highly recommend getting one. You won't be disappointed.

Name:  20190307_125439.jpg
Views: 3789
Size:  91.9 KB
    Name:  20190307_125433.jpg
Views: 3732
Size:  83.1 KB
    Name:  20190307_125236.jpg
Views: 3672
Size:  86.4 KB
    Name:  20190307_125354.jpg
Views: 3468
Size:  89.1 KB
    Name:  20190307_125347.jpg
Views: 3615
Size:  93.3 KB
    Name:  20190307_125331.jpg
Views: 3541
Size:  96.2 KB
    Name:  20190307_125310.jpg
Views: 3523
Size:  94.9 KB
    Name:  20190307_125125.jpg
Views: 3494
Size:  97.8 KB
    Name:  20190307_125135.jpg
Views: 3535
Size:  84.4 KB
    Name:  20190307_125143.jpg
Views: 3451
Size:  79.2 KB
    Name:  20190307_125153.jpg
Views: 3691
Size:  93.2 KB

Last edited by MirageSEFan; 03-10-2019 at 04:35 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MirageSEFan For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-10-2019),Marklovski (03-11-2019),Top_Fuel (03-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I like your new armrest. It appears to be a much better size than the factory armrest, & I like the cup holder on the back side of it. Adding a factory armrest eliminates a cupholder that would be used by someone sitting in back. Thus, that's a nice added feature.

I am not impressed with the factory armrest, & it way overpriced for what it is. You should be very pleased with your purchase, & thanks for sharing it!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I like your new armrest. It appears to be a much better size than the factory armrest, & I like the cup holder on the back side of it. Adding a factory armrest eliminates a cupholder that would be used by someone sitting in back. Thus, that's a nice added feature.

I am not impressed with the factory armrest, & it way overpriced for what it is. You should be very pleased with your purchase, & thanks for sharing it!!!!
    You're welcome. I have updated my post to include a better web link and more info. The console is great. I love having the armrest, not to mention extra storage and the rear cup holder. There is also an ash tray under the cup holder for the rear seat passengers.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    You're welcome. I have updated my post to include a better web link and more info. The console is great. I love having the armrest, not to mention extra storage and the rear cup holder. There is also an ash tray under the cup holder for the rear seat passengers.
    I'd rather have a "NO SMOKING PLEASE" sign in my car than the rear ash tray, but I like everything else.

The parking brake location is the limitation of more storage for sure. It looks like they maximized that as best they could, too!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hello,

I found a great Armrest & Storage Console for my Mirage. I have included photo's and information about where I bought the console.
    Thanks for the post, nice arm-rest, interesting to read on the forum that people like the aftermarket armrest more than the one you can get from Mitsubishi.

I also find the pop in and out factor great, especially if you are going to move anything long in your Mirage, or also I don't like drilling anything to install anything aftermarket in my Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I also find the pop in and out factor great, especially if you are going to move anything long in your Mirage, or also I don't like drilling anything to install anything aftermarket in my Mirage
    The factory arm rest is very small. On a positive note, it doesn't get in the way of much. I am 6'1", & I typically drive my Mirage with the front seat all the way back. When I rest my right arm on the factory center armrest, I can touch the steering wheel with my finger tips. I can't wrap my right hand around the steering wheel. It has to be worst for a shorter person?

Personally, I find the factory armrest to be somewhat useless. I've had cars without armrest before. It's no big deal to me. I just wouldn't pay a chunk of extra money for a factory armrest, because it's pretty lame in my opinion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd rather have a "NO SMOKING PLEASE" sign in my car than the rear ash tray, but I like everything else.
    Lol. I know what you mean. I feel exactly the same way.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The factory arm rest is very small. On a positive note, it doesn't get in the way of much. I am 6'1", & I typically drive my Mirage with the front seat all the way back. When I rest my right arm on the factory center armrest, I can touch the steering wheel with my finger tips. I can't wrap my right hand around the steering wheel.
    Adjustability is one of the great features of this armrest. You can slide the main storage area forward or rearward. in addition, you can slide the top forward or rearward as well.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Personally, I find the factory armrest to be somewhat useless. I've had cars without armrest before. It's no big deal to me. I just wouldn't pay a chunk of extra money for a factory armrest, because it's pretty lame in my opinion.
    Good point to consider from my perspective, I'm around 6'1 as well and the headroom in the Mirage is actually good but otherwise no leg room isn't great, and my long arms are constantly squirming for more comfortable position.

I had a Lancer Sportback rental last week, and that had a sunroof and my head literally grazed the ceiling of the car all week. Bad legroom barely any legroom in the Lancer, and the arm rest I felt was too low.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Adjustability is one of the great features of this armrest. You can slide the main storage area forward or rearward. in addition, you can slide the top forward or rearward as well.
    My Subaru Forester factory armrest top slides forward & backward, & I like that feature, too!