Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Armrest / Storage Center Console (non-Mitsubishi) for Mirage

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret_Marine2003@Yahoo.com View Post
    I purchased the center on eBay.
    It is the one that most people show here with the ashtray in back. (I use it to hold coins for toll roads)

One additional thing I can share that will help you is that you would be best served to throw away those cheap screws that this comes with and get some similar sized (bolts x4 / nuts X4 / washers x8 / lock washers X4 )

I removed the center from my Mirage (two plastic push pins in front and two small metric screws in the bottom. (1 under the middle trim and another at rear acess)

I also used thread locker on the bolts.

After that I drilled a 1" hole in the center of cup holder and incert, so that I could use the wasted space for my additional interior lighting network. (9 LED lights on each occupants side of the center council.)
    So I bought that too recently. Mine fits in the middle cupholder, no screws required. You have to screw in the leather part with the cup holder part upon assembly. And comes with round rubber shimmys with 1 sided tape, and extra screws. The instructions weren't in english.

My biggest caveat however: ebrake is awkward now with the armrest in, however on the highway the armrest is nice. It's not very secure, and the sliding leather armrest part slides about 2 inches every other time you stop and go in traffic. You could glue that down but still.

Pretty good design and fit wise! Says Mitsubishi Mirage/G4 on the bottom, and the sellers even contacted me about my car and that it'd fit. So I dunno aftermarket armrest so far is like cruise control, for highway use only.

Last edited by dspace9; 10-16-2021 at 03:58 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    You have to screw in the leather part with the cup holder part upon assembly. And comes with round rubber shimmys with 1 sided tape, and extra screws. The instructions weren't in english.

My biggest caveat however: ebrake is awkward now with the armrest in, however on the highway the armrest is nice. It's not very secure, and the sliding leather armrest part slides about 2 inches every other time you stop and go in traffic. You could glue that down but still.

Pretty good design and fit wise!
    The screws and pads are what I eliminated.
    I read reviews from other people who did this install that the screws will snap or wear loose making the arm rest feel loose and unstable.
    Mine is rock solid. The only instability is in the lid portion that is causing your center to creep forward.
    Your solution to that problem is easy.
    Turn the lid around. 180⁰.
    The screws fit the same regardless.
    The center will need to be push d back to remove them and the seats hold it snug enough to prevent that from happening. I have the hollow area under the tracked lid as the hub of my interior lighting set up. The dome light does not illuminate much.
    I wanted to add an additional map light and USB charger to the counsel too.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ret_Marine2003@Yahoo.com For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-17-2021),inuvik (10-18-2021)