Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Mirage with 119,210 miles so far

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    You keep your car running for 8hrs every day while at work? Why?
    There’s no building to stay in, and the rainy weather gets really cold and miserable if you’re in it all the time, so the only option for me as a security guard is to stay in my car and keep warm. Plus, there’s the radio to listen to. And ashtray for my cigarettes. And other creature comforts when your vehicle is essentially your office.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAmerica1776 View Post
    There’s no building to stay in, and the rainy weather gets really cold and miserable if you’re in it all the time, so the only option for me as a security guard is to stay in my car and keep warm. Plus, there’s the radio to listen to. And ashtray for my cigarettes. And other creature comforts when your vehicle is essentially your office.
    Thats good to know the engine can handle long hours of idle. I feel guilty if my car is parked running with ac on for more than 10 mins. Whats your ashtray?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Thats good to know the engine can handle long hours of idle. I feel guilty if my car is parked running with ac on for more than 10 mins. Whats your ashtray?
    One thing I had to replace was my serpentine belt, since it began squealing at about 95k miles. The other issue, if any, seem to be headlights constantly going out. I’m sure my CVT is going to go out within the next 50k miles, (I’m currently at 126k) and I think I’ll go against conventional wisdom and just end up replacing it. Besides the transmission, everything else is rock solid. You cant beat all of this for 10k new.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Yeah Im the same. If I can get 175k miles out of the CVT7 Ill consider that a victory and at least you'll have a much easier time sourcing out a used low milleage cvt. The 2015s match up with 17-19s I believe. My 2014 cvt has to be not only another 14 but one made before 04/1/14, which will be a nightmare when the time comes. How often does your headlights go out? Do you leave them on for hours while your idling?

We've got a 15' with 279xxxkms(173k miles) with the original cvt and engine and rad and heater motor, wiper motor, ball joints, tie rods, shocks, struts, power window motors, ac compressor, alternator, starter, water pump, cv axles. They should start building them crappier so they break more often.

We have one car that goes through bulbs like crazy, I change both headlights almost every two months. Have no clue why, it's done that since it was new. It also seems to go through brake light bulbs often too. I never bothered to check the alternator.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-17-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    We've got a 15' with 279xxxkms(173k miles) with the original cvt and engine and rad and heater motor, wiper motor, ball joints, tie rods, shocks, struts, power window motors, ac compressor, alternator, starter, water pump, cv axles. They should start building them crappier so they break more often.

We have one car that goes through bulbs like crazy, I change both headlights almost every two months. Have no clue why, it's done that since it was new. It also seems to go through brake light bulbs often too. I never bothered to check the alternator.
    Fummins whats the overall consensus from your drivers on the Mirage? Alot of moaning about ride, handling, comfort? Or the opposite?

I don't listen to that stuff. Unless something doesn't sound right. I do hear how good on fuel they are though. I used to check the trip B once in a while and most cars showed between 4.9/6 l/100kms(I'll convert that later)
    A lot of people went from a early 90's mazda truck with half a million kms to a brand new car with ac and no clutch so didn't get much for complaints from anyone for a while. The only stuff I hear is about the brakes squeak sometimes squeak(usually from dust in the rear brakes) or on some cars the foam on the seat back tears and there's no cushion on the rh bolster on the drivers seat. They aren't very tough.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-17-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Could be a bad sensing line for the voltage regulator? Isn't the voltage regulator part of the ECU? And where does that harness go? A voltmeter should tell you what's going on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)