Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mirage with 119,210 miles so far

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2015 Mirage with 119,210 miles so far

Hi gang. I bought a new Mirage back in summer of 2015 for dirt cheap, 11k. Besides replacing the serpentine belt at 118k, I’ve had no major issues. It’s really impressive to me, considering I’ve idled this car a lot at work keeping watch as security, with about 2000 idle hours. Mine has the CVT, and I’m wondering when it breaks if I should have another one installed or just get a new Mirage. What do you guys think?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAmerica1776 View Post
    Mine has the CVT, and I’m wondering when it breaks if I should have another one installed or just get a new Mirage. What do you guys think?
    Mechanical stuff like trannys can last a long long time as long as you take care of it and maintain the Mirage like you should have no problems for years. New car comes with a tranny too lol so it's obviously more money,

not sure if all the parts divided up would be more less, or the same as a total car probably more.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Howdy, neighbor! I am right behind you at 114,000 miles, and my Mirage has been just as reliable as yours. Other than a broken clutch cable it has only needed maintenance.

The CVTs in these cars seem to be quite reliable, even under fairly hard use.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I couldn't message you Cobrajet because you're full on PMs.

"Hey man I remember you buying my tires and I was wondering if you were interested in my stock suspension and airbags for the rear with less than 5000 miles on them, since you have a bunch of miles on your car now."
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I’ve idled this car a lot at work keeping watch as security, with about 2000 idle hours.
    Do you have an hour meter to keep track of the idle hours,???

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Do you have an hour meter to keep track of the idle hours,???

I don’t have one. I’ve just kept track of how many days I’ve used my Mirage for work, which is about 240 days so far. Eight hours each day idling. I think that’s why my serpentine belt was going bad

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hi gang.
    Hello MrAmerica1776, and welcome to the forum.

I bought a new Mirage back in summer of 2015 for dirt cheap, 11k. Besides replacing the serpentine belt at 118k, I’ve had no major issues. It’s really impressive to me, considering I’ve idled this car a lot at work keeping watch as security, with about 2000 idle hours.
    Sounds to me like you replaced the belt roughly according to the regular maintenance schedule. 118,000 miles from an accessory drive belt sounds like you got your money's worth out of it. In fact, I couldn't find a statement in the maintenance schedules that requires belt replacement, only that it be checked every 24,000 miles.

Mine has the CVT, and I’m wondering when it breaks if I should have another one installed or just get a new Mirage. What do you guys think?
    I suppose that will depend on the current market conditions. If you can get your hands on a replacement CVT for cheap, why not replace it? If you can't get one at a reasonable price, then you'll have to look into plan B. I think a low-mileage replacement CVT would do just fine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello MrAmerica1776, and welcome to the forum.

If you can get your hands on a replacement CVT for cheap, why not replace it? If you can't get one at a reasonable price, then you'll have to look into plan B. I think a low-mileage replacement CVT would do just fine.
    I aggree with Eggman, if the rest of the car is in good shape (body, mechanicals etc) I think I would try to source a used one. ( I really hate car payments )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

I would also consider buying a used one with low mileage from a reputable wrecker. I wouldn't buy a used one from craigslist and it'd be unwise to even consider buying a new cvt for one of these. Or just buy another car and part out the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don’t have one. I’ve just kept track of how many days I’ve used my Mirage for work, which is about 240 days so far. Eight hours each day idling. I think that’s why my serpentine belt was going bad
    You keep your car running for 8hrs every day while at work? Why?