Thread: Stop/start recall

Country
    Great Britain
    Thanks

Stop/start recall

I had a safety recall for the stop/start.
    The work was carried out 2 days ago.

Ive had a recurrent problem with the airbag light, everytime its reset it just pings back on. I know its early but its not come back on yet. Has anyone else had the recall etc

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Swindled View Post

Ive had a recurrent problem with the airbag light, everytime its reset it just pings back on. I know its early but its not come back on yet. Has anyone else had the recall etc
    I never had a problem with the air bag light, but I have had an air bag related recall done on my Mirage last summer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...1420697973092/

Quote Originally Posted by Swindled View Post

I've had a recurrent problem with the airbag light, everytime its reset it just pings back on. I know its early but its not come back on yet. Has anyone else had the recall etc
    Check for codes. Junk ebay cheapo code readers won't work for airbag codes though. There was a recall here for the airbag light coming on from driving on rough roads or with a flat tire lol. I had one car that drove on a flat on the highway for long enough to destroy the wheel so bad it wasn't round anymore.(maybe from driving on the rumble strips?) The airbag light turned on when that happened. Dealer performed the recall and light's been out ever since.

I had a different car with an airbag code for the lh front impact sensor. Turned out the wiring connector behind the drivers kick panel was so badly corroded that it was causing an open circuit for the airbag sensor. I've had similar problems with other random lights on the dash that have wiring in the same connector. Brake warning light,low washer fluid,airbag,and check engine light problems. I'm not sure how the wiring is run on rhd cars, I assume the under the dash may be a mirror image of a lhd car? The fix is either replace the connector or cut it out completely and re route that part of the harness up higher so water and slush from wet boots don't drain onto it. This is mostly caused by careless drivers driving around with soaking wet carpet. A few cars are starting to stink because of it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)