Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Corroded connector in cabin causing warning lights to come on. FIX: relocate it

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Aron View Post
    If you need your trips or service mileage for anything you might want to document numbers before unplugging.
    Good find! Thanks for posting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I got another one. 2017 cvt. Not positive the connector is the problem but that's where I'm gonna look first. Common sense says I should look at the brake lines but I don't listen to that nonsense.
    I was told this car won't shift from park, they figured out how to bypass the shifter lock to get it over here. So bring the car in and the shift lock doesn't work, all the abs and traction control lights are on the dash, and the brake lights don't work. Had I not known about that connector I'd be checking fuses and bulbs first. A few months ago I did swap the tail lights on this car from the led to old style bulbs from a 15' but unless the bulbs are burnt or wires are pinched that shouldn't affect anything.

Should start a pole guessing the fix:
    1: Loose brake lines
    2:Corroded Connector
    3:Etacs module
    4:Just put tape over the warning lights and drive it
    5:Something completely different
    42, always choose 42
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So I cleaned up the plug a bit coated everyting in grease and kicked it out the door. Car was good for 2 hrs no problems, then they hit some potholes, now the airbag light is on. I'll just bypass the connector like the rest of them...

I will bet a beer that this wire runs along the window at some point or near the AC and the water that is accumulating is from condensated sweat that then drips down the wire... I am getting the same thing and it just recently rained... AND I just recently was in my car with the AC off and fogged up the windows...

How does one "bypass" this wire?