Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Scotty Kilmer weighs in on Mitsubishi.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    I missed this video when it hit the youtubes - probably because I have Scotty set to "Never Recommend this Channel"
    I wouldn't respect anyone, who thinks Scotty Kilmer can walk on water. Likewise, I don't really respect anyone who totally bashes the guy.

The one thing that I like about Scotty Kilmer is that he doesn't care what you or I think. He doesn't care what anybody thinks. He speaks his mind, & I don't have a problem with that. Everyone is entitled to be wrong including Scotty Kilmer & myself. If disliking Scotty Kilmer is your thing, I don't think he really cares.

"Scotty Kilmer is a popular YouTuber from the United States who runs his own self titled automotive channel. He has an estimated net worth of $7 million. His content is mainly about teaching people how to fix their cars when they get various problems and generally how cars work."

"The channel has over 3 million subscribers as of 2019 and has accumulated over 800 million views so far. It is able to get an average of 1.1 million views on a daily basis and this should result in an estimated revenue of $4,400 per day ($1.6 million a year) from the ads that appear on the videos." Mar 4, 2019

Apparently, some people like Scotty!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm ok with that. I just feel my time is better spent watching other things.
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I don't mind the guy and watch his videos from time to time but I only agree with him maybe half the time. It's no secret that he's a Toyota fan boy and that's fine. I certainly am not. I've been working on cars for 30 years and for every 1 person who loves their Toyota there's 5 that hate them. Just like any other manufacturer. My wife was a GM fan her whole life but all it took was one lemon and our driveway will never see a GM again.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    He has no frame of reference with the new Mirage. His little 20 sec snippet about it was uninformed. He didnt even mention the engine or anything. He was just going by when he worked on them in the 80s.
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler; 02-15-2020 at 06:48 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    He just has frame of reference with the new Mirage. He's little 20 sec snippet about it was uninformed. He didnt even mention the engine or anything. He was just going by when he worked on them in the 80s.
    I totally agree Dirk! I doubt Scotty has ever been in a Mirage, nor has he ever worked on one. Those of us that own these cars are the experts here.

Scotty sometimes comments on things he knows little about, & that is foolish on his part. I find him entertaining, & he does love to talk about cars. A topic that I find interesting. He's not for everyone. I can only stomach so much of him at a time myself. I tend to overlook a person's bad qualities & focus on their good ones. Overall, Scotty is pretty harmless, & I believe he means well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 905mirage View Post
    I don't mind the guy and watch his videos from time to time but I only agree with him maybe half the time. It's no secret that he's a Toyota fan boy and that's fine. I certainly am not. I've been working on cars for 30 years and for every 1 person who loves their Toyota there's 5 that hate them. Just like any other manufacturer. My wife was a GM fan her whole life but all it took was one lemon and our driveway will never see a GM again.
    Scotty does have a thing for Toyota. If you follow him, he's not as impress with Toyota's newer stuff. I don't think he is stuck in a time capsule either. There's a lot of unproven stuff being put on the market.

Prime example that I just noticed - Engines being replaced on relatively new vehicles is pretty serious to me.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/toyota-le...183633546.html

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Scotty does have a thing for Toyota. If you follow him, he's not as impress with Toyota's newer stuff. I don't think he is stuck in a time capsule either. There's a lot of unproven stuff being put on the market.

Prime example that I just noticed - Engines being replaced on relatively new vehicles is pretty serious to me.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/toyota-le...183633546.html

Wow, that looks pretty major. I wonder if big name auto-makers are more likely to have quality issues if they are producing faster and more volume than they can double or even triple check.

It's nice to have a slow production for quality's sake. Which is not to say Toyota and Lexus aren't, but I like to root for the underdog simply because it's too easy to rest on laurels and keep trying to gain market share.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by highwire View Post
    Wow, that looks pretty major. I wonder if big name auto-makers are more likely to have quality issues if they are producing faster and more volume than they can double or even triple check.

It's nice to have a slow production for quality's sake. Which is not to say Toyota and Lexus aren't, but I like to root for the underdog simply because it's too easy to rest on laurels and keep trying to gain market share.
    I don't necessarily like to kick somebody when they are down, but I think all vehicle manufacturers are having their issues. No one seems to be totally immune. I also own a 2011 Subaru Forester than had it's entire short block engine replaced about 3,000 miles ago. That was compliments of a class action lawsuit against Subaru, & it cost me nothing. Now that I drive my Mirage 90% of the time, the Subaru should last me a very long time. It's paid for, & I don't like anything else on the market better. I like AWD manual vehicles. That selection is down to Jeep now, but I am not interested in a Fiat made Jeep.

I am not a brand loyalty type of person, but I sort of like underdogs, too. That goes beyond just cars, however. Most of my friends/relatives shoot Remington & Winchester guns. I like companies like Tikka. Most of my friends shoot Mathews bows, & I shoot a G5 Prime. I only know one person that would be interested in a Mirage, and he is a former Metro owner. If his Pontiac Vibe ever dies, he may consider a Mirage as second vehicle to their other main one.

I appreciate Mitsubishi bringing the Mirage to U.S. market. It fills a niche in vehicles that I am interested in (cheap, reliable, & economical). I think Mitsubishi is making an effort in the States. The merger with Renault/Nissan may cloud all that?

I don't see consumers singing praises over the Renault/Nissan or Fiat/Chrysler mergers. I hope Mitsubishi maintains its identity in the years to come.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    25 seconds of this chap & the laptop went out the window.
    What bloody medication is he on?

Name:  download.png
Views: 716
Size:  5.1 KB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-18-2020)