Thread: Squeaking noise from the belt?

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question Squeaking noise from the belt?

Hello all, my 18 Mirage G4 (37000 km) has squeaking noise during cold start, it usually only last for half a minute to one minute. The first time I noticed this issue was only 6 months after purchase, the dealer replaced the belt under warranty and the problem seems solved (April 2019) and the noise did not come back in warmer weather. But about 2 weeks ago, the same noise came back and this seems only happens during cold weather (around 0-10 degree Celsius), but when it was very cold (-10 degree Celsius and below) I could hardly hear the noise. I am not sure if I should take it back for inspection again. The belt feels very tight and in good shape, not sure if it was caused by the bearing? Any idea? Thank you!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.7 mpg (Imp)

It's free to tighten it up a little yourself and see if that helps. They usually do require tightening up after replacing the belt. Otherwise
    you could just replace it. Not sure what else to tell you other than maybe just take it back to the dealer and let them look at it. There's enough threads on here about replacing the belt I'm sure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It's free to tighten it up a little yourself and see if that helps. They usually do require tightening up after replacing the belt. Otherwise
    you could just replace it. Not sure what else to tell you other than maybe just take it back to the dealer and let them look at it. There's enough threads on here about replacing the belt I'm sure.
    Thank you very much Fummins. Could that caused by the bearing instead of a loosen belt? And if I don't tighten up the belt, will it cause damage? I can bear with the noise, as long as it is not huge and only last about 1 min anyway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.7 mpg (Imp)