Thread: Auto stop@go recall. Side effects

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Auto stop&go recall. Side effects

Today my Space Star got a firmware update due to the AS&G recall. On my way back (about 50km) I saw the AS&G light went on later than I was used to. That was to be expected.

More interesting was the economy gauge. I got 26.3km/L on my way home (mostly highway), while I got 22.5km/L on my way out. The garage is about 60 meters higher than my home, so a bit better economy is to be expected, but not more than about 1km/L. Actually I can not recall ever to have seen the economy gauge higher than 26km/L, and the conditions were not optimal (5°C, a bit rainy, highway).

So what happened? Is the car more economical, or is the gauge less accurate? The 'B' gauge used to be about 3% too pessimistic, so I think the 'A' gauge had the same aberration. If the economy didn't change, I guess the gauge is now 12% too optimistic. (26.3 where I expected about 23.3)

The future will tell.
    Last edited by Space Wolf; 03-13-2019 at 08:20 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-15-2019),inuvik (03-12-2019),Rockabilly Manta (04-15-2019)