Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: key fob warning light - can't figure it out

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkmirage View Post
    Actually, when I look up my car here, https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/vinLookup, it says no open recalls...
    Register your vehicle in the Mitsubishi North America web site in the owners section:

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/login

You can enter your VIN there and if there are any recalls that need to be completed or if any work has already been completed you'll be able to see that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midgeinc View Post
    Yea man. [...] This forum is fricking cancer. But Americans know it all i guess. . Apart from that one time. You were caught unawares. Two years into a global confict.
    Whoa midgeinc. What's going on? I don't understand what has you so upset.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Yea man. [...] This forum is fricking cancer. But Americans know it all i guess. . Apart from that one time. You were caught unawares. Two years into a global confict.
    Huh ?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Wtf are you talking about?

Make sure he doesn't go back and erase all his helpful posts!
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-13-2019 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Maybe he's just drunk? Or maybe meth?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the exact same issue, but it affects my 2015 ES manual when the interior gets extremely hot. It only happens on days that are 80+degrees F and when I park in the sun. If I use a sunshade it won't do it.

I brought it in to the dealer but they couldn't recreate it. I have 10k mi. of bumper to bumper warranty. The beeping and the radio resume working once the interior cools off.

Did either of you with this problem notice if the wipers and signal lights quit working as well?

I had a driver(2015 Mirage cvt) complain about the radio and other accessories cutting out but the car stayed running. Our cars use regular keys though. The only way I can reproduce the problem is to turn the key to start when the car is already running(no the starter doesn't engage once the car is running). When you do that all power to radio,signals,wipers etc are cut off but car stay's running.

I haven't checked the infamous connector behind the kick panel yet. I'll try to do that later today and post what I find. There aren't any warning lights on the dash on our car but there's a lot of other crap that runs through that connector that could make the car go stupid so anything's possible.
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-13-2019 at 07:33 PM. Reason: more better english

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Did either of you with this problem notice if the wipers and signal lights quit working as well?
    Wipers and signal lights work fine for me.

It's def not heat in my case, since it's winter in NY right now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Register your vehicle in the Mitsubishi North America web site in the owners section:

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/login

You can enter your VIN there and if there are any recalls that need to be completed or if any work has already been completed you'll be able to see that.
    No open recalls on my car. Looks like they checked the panel for corrosion after the recall was announced in 2016 though it doesn't say anything about them sealing it which I think they were also supposed to do? So I wonder if it's corroded since it was checked in 2016?

Yeah it's kinda winter here too. We finally have above freezing temps this week.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmirage View Post
    No open recalls on my car. Looks like they checked the panel for corrosion after the recall was announced in 2016 though it doesn't say anything about them sealing it which I think they were also supposed to do? So I wonder if it's corroded since it was checked in 2016?
    Yeah I'd just take a look, it coulda been fixed already....I added a couple pics. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...hts-to-come-on

And they checked our car's as well. Their fix didn't fix or prevent this problem. They kinda dropped the ball on this one. I hope the 18' and 19's aren't built like this too. At least the 17's we have don't have as many wires running through the connector as our 15's. Even though they are all optioned exactly the same.