Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another CVT fluid question

Country
    Cyprus
    Thanks
    I will try to tell you all what you need to know about CVTz50 android app.

The current version in Google Play Market dosen't support Mitsubishi Mirage.

First you need to buy full version.

After you need to send message to info@cvtz50.info and tell that you have Mirage.
    The developer will send you link with new version which has not yet appeared in Google Play Market.
    New version needs to be installed over the old application.

Bingo!

Name:  IMG_20190321_215538.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  91.3 KB

As we can see, present value deterioration is 260858.
    If you have more that 210000 - time to change fluid.

Name:  20190321_214823_HDR.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  38.0 KB

Since i have already changed fluid I just reset this value.

Name:  20190321_214840_HDR.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  25.2 KB

Name:  20190321_214846_HDR.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  32.2 KB

To change the value of the braking force is not possible yet MENU - Engine brake adjustment

Official web site http://cvtz50.info/en/

Last edited by kocmuk; 03-21-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    Instagram mirage_mitsu

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kocmuk For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-22-2019),Fummins (03-21-2019),inuvik (03-21-2019),miragefan17 (06-18-2020),Rockabilly Manta (03-21-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does anyone know where I might find an OBDII ELM327 v1.5 wifi scanner that works with cvtz50? I have an ELM327 bluetooth scanner that works great that I've used for five years on two different vehicles. The DE trim level for the 2015 Mirage doesn't have bluetooth so I need to find a wifi scanner that will work. I bought a wifi scanner from ebay but it could not read data from my Mirage's OBDII computer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thx1138guy View Post
    Does anyone know where I might find an OBDII ELM327 v1.5 wifi scanner that works with cvtz50? I have an ELM327 bluetooth scanner that works great that I've used for five years on two different vehicles. The DE trim level for the 2015 Mirage doesn't have bluetooth so I need to find a wifi scanner that will work. I bought a wifi scanner from ebay but it could not read data from my Mirage's OBDII computer.
    Maybe I don't understand your question, but getting a ELM327 Bluetooth scanner should not require your Mirage to have Bluetooth, just use some other Bluetooth-capable device like a smartphone or tablet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

thx1138guy (09-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Maybe I don't understand your question, but getting a ELM327 Bluetooth scanner should not require your Mirage to have Bluetooth, just use some other Bluetooth-capable device like a smartphone or tablet.
    Thanks Eggman, I didn't think of trying my functional ELM327 bluetooth scanner on the Mirage. I had thought that if the car didn't have bluetooth built in that I would need to communicate with the car over wifi. I will try connecting my "good" ELM327 scanner this weekend as I have been wanting to read the CVTF deterioration date on the Mirage for some time now. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by thx1138guy; 09-18-2020 at 09:21 AM.

I'd just change the fluid at 30,000miles and call it a day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'd just change the fluid at 30,000miles and call it a day.
    Well, that was about 40k miles and 3 years ago. Better late than never. I was just curious as to what value I would see for the CVTF deterioration date after 71K miles and 5 years. Bought the Mirage from Hertz car sales in Dec 2016 with 27k miles on it and it was only 18 months old then. $7000 out the door for a 2015 DE CVT. Not bad at all.

I did a complete CVT filter and fluid change on my 2014 Nissan Altima 2.5S a few months ago. It had 85k miles before its first CVT fluid and filter service. The CVTF deterioration date on the Altima was only 50 after 6 years . The fluid almost never got hot enough to increase the counter. No noticeable change in the CVT behavior or performance of the CVT after 5000 miles so there's that. I bought the Altima brand new - 6 miles on the odo.

I try to change the cvt fluid in the Mirages at 50,000km/ 30k miles. I gotta get it changed on a bunch of nv200's, the mileage on a lot of them is creeping up to 180,000km/111k miles. I pulled the plug on 2 vans in the last few days and the fluid was stupid clean after that many miles, way cleaner than any Mirage (under 100,000km). I'm having a hard time finding filters for the Nissans, cabin and cvt filters. Rockuto shows some bigazz filter for the nv but it's for an alison or something stupid. Look up a city express and voila there they are....The Nissan vans are total pos compared the Mirage's though. Twice the problems with 1/2 the mileage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thx1138guy View Post
    Thanks Eggman, I didn't think of trying my functional ELM327 bluetooth scanner on the Mirage. I had thought that if the car didn't have bluetooth built in that I would need to communicate with the car over wifi. I will try connecting my "good" ELM327 scanner this weekend as I have been wanting to read the CVTF deterioration date on the Mirage for some time now. Fingers crossed.
    Eggman was spot on. My trusty ELM327 bluetooth scanner was able to read data from the Mirage. The CVTF deterioration date was 26657 after 71K miles and 5 years. I zeroed out the counter when I completed everything.

I went ahead and completed a partial filter and CVT fluid change today on the Mirage. Partial meaning I just replaced the paper filter near the oil warmer/cooler. The car still has remaining warranty on it so I decided to put off dropping the pan and cleaning the metal filter for next time.

I should've taken the day off and crashed Dirk's wedding. Details follow.

All was going along smoothly with the CVT fluid change. Did three drain and fills along with the paper filter change out which required 8 quarts of new fluid. And, at this point is when I really screwed up. I unfortunately tore the thin o-ring on the paper filter cover when reinstalling it after the third drain and fill. Of course I didn't know that until I started the Mirage again and fluid came gushing out of the housing - damn! Ended up being about 2 to 2.5 quarts on the cardboard, shop rags, and on my driveway! I have no idea how much spilled. I didn't think to place the oil drain pan underneath the CVT in case I had a leak - duh!

So, it was off to Autozone to see if they had an o-ring that would work as a replacement. Luckily for me they had an assortment containing an o-ring that had a slightly larger cross sectional thickness than the OEM o-ring. It was a tight fit but it fit. It was either that or needing to wait until I could get one from a Mitsubishi or Nissan dealership. No telling if any of them had this o-ring in stock.

I filled the CVT with the remaining 2 new quarts - I had initially bought 10 quarts. I did need to use some of the fluid I drained out on the third drain because of my f*** up - not the end of the world. I just added fluid until I reached the top of the cold mark on the dipstick.

So folks, be VERY careful when reinstalling the paper filter cover - it is really easy to tear that flimsy o-ring. I probably won't ever do that again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thx1138guy For This Useful Post:

strawboss (09-20-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yah, I hear you. I dropped the pan just to clean the magnets and get as much old fluid out as possible. I heard bad things about that o-ring so went to the dealer to get one "6 weeks, not stocked" It finally came in 4 days ago so I just flushed the screen out with brake cleaner and changed the paper filter. Pulling the fender liner is a pain in the crack but well worth it. 4 litres of old fluid out, 4 litres in, no leak.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow, six weeks huh? I bought two of those o-rings online and my stealership got them in in three days! I picked them up to forego the outrageous shipping charge. I won't install one until the next CVT fluid service at 120K miles.