Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seat Covers and Airbags - Dangerous?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you. Ouch! How bad was the intrusion of the frame horn into the passenger compartment

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Attachment 14166I don't have one of the passenger door still on the car. It was cut off and laying on the side of the road by the time I got there.
    It actually looks pretty good considering.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    It actually looks pretty good considering.
    That's what I was thinking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 51.2 mpg (US) ... 21.7 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Hope the driver's ok.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 50.0 mpg (US) ... 21.3 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-15-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    Thank you. Ouch! How bad was the intrusion of the frame horn into the passenger compartment
    I'll post some door pics later. The ones I posted don't show how bad the car is twisted. None of the doors open. He's very lucky he wasn't hit in the drivers side instead. The passenger door is bent in(v'd) in about a foot. So if there were a passenger, they'd have been in way worse shape.

It sucks that you've got to be so defensive when driving these things. That goes with anything but more so in little cars.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 1,055 Posts
    It sucks that you've got to be so defensive when driving these things. That goes with anything but more so in little cars.
    This is where I'm coming from. This is the approach I settled on when deciding to purchase my Mirage.

Hey Fummins what happened to the pickup driver?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 50.0 mpg (US) ... 21.3 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This is why after 5 years driving my Mirage and only my Mirage, I'm tired of the car being so small. The Mirage is kinda cool, more of a future collector's item in a niche way,

Even a Fiat 500X or even the new Jeep Cherokee's my friend at work has one WAY more money tho lol, I can see the appeal in the winter with those vehicles compared to my Mirage, which admittedly has been pretty reliable and feels safe and strong enough for a basic car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The f150 driver was totally fine. His airbags didn't go off. The truck didn't look like it'd make it very far. The entire front clip was shifted back, and looked like the rad may be leaking. The frame horns are probably tweaked as well.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Name:  7E20C50A-6E59-4C42-9D11-56AD0BBABFDD.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  88.3 KB[attach]14169[/[size=2]attach] Maybe I should have started a new thread instead of hi-jacking this one?
    But at least I'm not asking about mudflaps on someones maintenance log thread
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The f150 driver was totally fine. His airbags didn't go off. The truck didn't look like it'd make it very far. The entire front clip was shifted back, and looked like the rad may be leaking. The frame horns are probably tweaked as well.

It's good to hear that neither driver is seriously hurt! Getting hit broadside by a Ford F-150 wouldn't be a pleasant experience in any vehicle. The truck must have driven the Mirage a distance sideways into the fire hydrant? Hitting a lightweight car probably lessen the blow for the truck, but not so much for your Mirage driver. Thankfully, it wasn't worst!

If I could do one thing over with my Mirage purchase, I may have gone with one of the brighter colors. I have the Mercury gray (dark gray), & it doesn't exactly stick out on the road. Likewise, your company's white Mirage doesn't pop out at you amongst the snow banks around it. I like the look of the gray, silver, & white Mirages, but I can see the value in picking a bright color for a small car.

The color of a vehicle should never be an excuse for not seeing another vehicle, but I find myself hitting the dual instructor's brake more times than I would like. It's amazing what new/inexperienced drivers will miss or take for granted sometimes. A bright color vehicle surely doesn't hurt being seen better.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-15-2019)