Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seat Covers and Airbags - Dangerous?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    It actually looks pretty good considering.
    That's what I was thinking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hope the driver's ok.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It sucks that you've got to be so defensive when driving these things. That goes with anything but more so in little cars.
    This is where I'm coming from. This is the approach I settled on when deciding to purchase my Mirage.

Hey Fummins what happened to the pickup driver?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It sucks that you've got to be so defensive when driving these things. That goes with anything but more so in little cars.
    This is why after 5 years driving my Mirage and only my Mirage, I'm tired of the car being so small. The Mirage is kinda cool, more of a future collector's item in a niche way,

Even a Fiat 500X or even the new Jeep Cherokee's my friend at work has one WAY more money tho lol, I can see the appeal in the winter with those vehicles compared to my Mirage, which admittedly has been pretty reliable and feels safe and strong enough for a basic car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

The f150 driver was totally fine. His airbags didn't go off. The truck didn't look like it'd make it very far. The entire front clip was shifted back, and looked like the rad may be leaking. The frame horns are probably tweaked as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Attachment 14170[attach]14169[/[size=2]attach] Maybe I should have started a new thread instead of hi-jacking this one?
    But at least I'm not asking about mudflaps on someones maintenance log thread

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    The f150 driver was totally fine. His airbags didn't go off. The truck didn't look like it'd make it very far. The entire front clip was shifted back, and looked like the rad may be leaking. The frame horns are probably tweaked as well.

It's good to hear that neither driver is seriously hurt! Getting hit broadside by a Ford F-150 wouldn't be a pleasant experience in any vehicle. The truck must have driven the Mirage a distance sideways into the fire hydrant? Hitting a lightweight car probably lessen the blow for the truck, but not so much for your Mirage driver. Thankfully, it wasn't worst!

If I could do one thing over with my Mirage purchase, I may have gone with one of the brighter colors. I have the Mercury gray (dark gray), & it doesn't exactly stick out on the road. Likewise, your company's white Mirage doesn't pop out at you amongst the snow banks around it. I like the look of the gray, silver, & white Mirages, but I can see the value in picking a bright color for a small car.

The color of a vehicle should never be an excuse for not seeing another vehicle, but I find myself hitting the dual instructor's brake more times than I would like. It's amazing what new/inexperienced drivers will miss or take for granted sometimes. A bright color vehicle surely doesn't hurt being seen better.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-15-2019)

Good point. But I think I recall a member or two saying that their brightly colored car was a target. People were always running into it. Really can't win either way. But yeah brighter may have helped in this case. Can't bubble wrap everything I guess.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It's amazing what new/inexperienced drivers will miss or take for granted sometimes. A bright color vehicle surely doesn't hurt being seen better.
    They say the Mirage and small cars generally aren't really the best for new drivers. I have times every day in my own dark grey Mirage where I can tell cars and trucks haven't seen me yet. I leave my lights on all the time. Looks great the dark grey paint, has kept the shine 5 years on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Fummins;
    But at least I'm not asking about mudflaps on someones maintenance log thread [/QUOTE]

I didn't realize it was someone's maintenance log. You're right. I was wrong for posting there. I'm learning from my mistakes. I'll see if I can delete that post. If not, I will ask the admin to delete it and any associated postings.