Thread: CVT fluid pressure sensor

Country
    Israel
    Thanks

CVT fluid pressure sensor

Hi everyone,
    Is this sensor a real thing, and do i really need to reset it when i change my cvt fluid?
    If so does anyone know how to do it?

Yes there is a pressure sensor. It has nothing to do with changing the oil. It does not need to be reset.
    I think what you're talking about is the oil life deterioration level(or whatever) reset. You'll need a scan tool or other capable obd II tool to reset it. It doesn't affect anything whatsoever. So you never have to bother with it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-18-2019),yujinius (03-19-2019)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yes there is a pressure sensor. It has nothing to do with changing the oil. It does not need to be reset.
    I think what you're talking about is the oil life deterioration level(or whatever) reset. You'll need a scan tool or other capable obd II tool to reset it. It doesn't affect anything whatsoever. So you never have to bother with it.
    Yes that is exactly what i meant, got the name wrong.
    If it doesn't affect anything i wonder why did they put it in the first place...
    A scan tool you probably don't mean the cheap OBD II ones that are sold on ebay for about 1$?

I don't know why it's there. I didn't design the car. I assume it's so someone(dealer) can keep the fluid changed according to the degration level. How it tells the level, I have no clue. Maybe it senses how much you drive as opposed to idling, highway or city driving, I have no clue. Maybe if it senses any slip or high fluid temps?

I checked the degradation level on a 15' with 127k kms that's never been reset. It was just a number: 300461. I don't know what it means? I reset it anyways just to see what it say's next time I change the fluid.

A cheapo code reader probably won't be able to reset this. But! A new member here posted on a thread that he used an obdII dongle and some cvt app and was able to get data from the tcm. You might be able to use a similar set up to reset the oil life. Don't ask me where that thread is cause I can never find anything unless it was posted within the last few days.
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-19-2019 at 03:08 PM. Reason: wrong thread

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

yujinius (03-20-2019)

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...fluid-question

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

yujinius (03-20-2019)