Thread: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage- Named for what it turns gas stations into

Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage- Named for what it turns gas stations into

From the West Carleton Review, another positive Canadian road test. I think we really like this car.

However, it opens with a bizarre paragraph explaining why the writer prefers to test cars from local dealers rather than from the corporate press fleet. Why? Because the press fleet cars are always the top of the line, and don't represent what most people buy. Yet the car he gets from the local dealership is the fully loaded top of the line CVT model. So the point of that paragraph is...

Pros:

- surprisingly quiet
    - easy to drive/park in urban driving
    - well equipped for the money
    - loads of safety equipment
    - fuel economy "deep into hybrid territory without the extra price"

Cons:

- not a muscle car (acceleration)
    - body roll

Overall:

So for a second family car or a first for younger buyers, the Mirage has all the tools to handle day to day commuting and a little fun on the weekend without breaking either the purchase bank or monthly fuel bill.
    Read the full review: http://www.ottawacommunitynews.com/n...stations-into/

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Nice review. Common cons.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    qoute :
    a brake override and assist system

brake override??

Yeah, that's a new thing cars have in North America since the Toyota "acceleration problem" from a few years ago.

It means if you press both the brake and gas at the same time, the throttle signal is cancelled -- as if you let go of the accelerator.

With drive-by-wire systems, it's just programming. They probably have it in European cars too, but don't feel the need to advertise it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Nice review. Common cons.
    Yeah, after you've read a hundred or so reviews, you start to see a pattern.

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yeah, that's a new thing cars have in North America since the Toyota "acceleration problem" from a few years ago.

It means if you press both the brake and gas at the same time, the throttle signal is cancelled -- as if you let go of the accelerator.

With drive-by-wire systems, it's just programming. They probably have it in European cars too, but don't feel the need to advertise it.
    even before the "toyota thing" it was already programmed in! maybe other cars did not have that?
    i do hope its programmed in already!! anyone care to try out?
    it wil not damage your car...