Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello Mirage Audiophiles!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RF Audio Guy View Post
    We tend to tune each vehicle several times in order to understand production variability and give the Team a chance to evaluate and provide feedback. It was a fun project and I've enjoyed reminiscing over it just now...

Thanks for asking!
    Ain't it great having a job that you're passionate about?

Thanks for sharing. I didn't even know that modern audio had some of the capabilities you're talking about. But, with everything being digital, it all makes sense.

Simplify and add lightness.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

RF Audio Guy (03-22-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi Larry! I've not tried to fit the G4 enclosure in the hatchback --- I know that the G4 is longer than the H/B, but not sure about the spare tire well. Mitsubishi confirmed that the subwoofers are not interchangeable.

But that G4 subwoofer sounds great! Because it's bolted to the vehicle, the subwoofer is very efficient and tuned up nicely. It fits under the stock false floor. If it did fit in the H/B, we would need to create a new tuning to integrate and optimize it to the rest of the system. Both the H/B and G4 use the same dual 6-1/2" subwoofer drivers (1 ohm SVC), in approximately the same enclosure volume.

~ Dan
    Thank you for answering those questions. I'm sure other members of the forum were wondering about those differences as well. I must admit, I like the way the sub is integrated into the spare tire storage area for the G4. It saves a lot of space. Kudos to you for that one!

For my 2017 Mirage SE, I had only one option to chose from for the RF sound system It was the Premium Audio System # AMG14EAB01. I have noticed that for the 2018 and 2019 Mirage SE, there is a second option. The second option is the Mirage Audio Kit, Rockford # MZ314908. Would you please let us know a little about this second option? How does it compare to the Premium Audio System # AMG14EAB01? Do you still have to upgrade the amp software for the DAS with the Audio Kit, Rockford # MZ314908?

Thanks,

Larry

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    I have noticed that for the 2018 and 2019 Mirage SE, there is a second option. The second option is the Mirage Audio Kit, Rockford # MZ314908. Would you please let us know a little about this second option? How does it compare to the Premium Audio System # AMG14EAB01? Do you still have to upgrade the amp software for the DAS with the Audio Kit, Rockford # MZ314908?
    Hey Larry, it looks like MZ314908 is for 2018s & 2019s. May be because the old radio is no longer sold and all are display audio. There's no sense shipping amps tuned for the old radio.

Dan, your insight is going to sell these kits here. You should get a commission. Can you get a discounted price?
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-22-2019 at 09:22 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hope the attached pics help.

Attachment 14226

Attachment 14227
    Interesting. It looks like it takes up so much space that there wouldn't be enough room for the spare tire, but it uses the spare tire holding bolt to secure the subwoofer in place.

The photo of the subwoofer installed in the trunk didn't show for me. I'll post it here in case anyone else has the same problem.

Last edited by Eggman; 03-22-2019 at 09:31 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey Larry, it looks like MZ314908 is for 2018s & 2019s. May be because the old radio is no longer sold and all are display audio. There's no sense shipping amps tuned for the old radio.
    Hi Eggman,

Both systems are available for sale at Mitsubishi Parts Now for both the 2018 and 2019 Mirage.

2018 - https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/v...tronics--audio

2019 - https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/v...tronics--audio

My year has just the one available.

2017 - https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/v...tronics--audio

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Interesting. It looks like it takes up so much space that there wouldn't be enough room for the spare tire, but it uses the spare tire holding bolt to secure the subwoofer in place.
    You might be right. If I had a G4, I would sacrifice the spare for the sub. I would just carry a can of fix-a-flat and a small air compressor.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    You might be right. If I had a G4, I would sacrifice the spare for the sub. I would just carry a can of fix-a-flat and a small air compressor.
    Talk about a resonant cavity.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi Larry:

Those are the same kits and I'm unsure why there are 2 part numbers out there. We sell under the MZ number to Mitsubishi.

The kit was developed using the only radio available at that time (a base radio). This means that all amps are programmed with the tuning for that radio. Any radios that were available later got their own tuning and we maintain a library for Mitsubishi dealers to select and download the correct tuning file, and load that file into the amp.

So, please install your kit, load the right tune in there and turn up the volume knob!

Best,
    Dan

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Just to be clear, the G4 subwoofer works with and without the spare tire. We developed a mounting nut and bolt that allows both.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi Larry:

Those are the same kits and I'm unsure why there are 2 part numbers out there. We sell under the MZ number to Mitsubishi.

The kit was developed using the only radio available at that time (a base radio). This means that all amps are programmed with the tuning for that radio. Any radios that were available later got their own tuning and we maintain a library for Mitsubishi dealers to select and download the correct tuning file, and load that file into the amp.

So, please install your kit, load the right tune in there and turn up the volume knob!

Best,
    Dan
    Thanks again Dan. I thought that might be the case, but the difference in price between the two systems led me to ask that question. I will definitely get this system hooked up soon and then start cranking out some good tunes.

Larry