Thread: My right front door speaker puts out no sound.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

My right front door speaker puts out no sound.

My right front-door speaker puts out no sound. No sound regardless of source. No sound regardless of balance or fader settings.

The rest of the sound system sounds great, and with balance and fader centered, you have to put your head by the right-front-door speaker to tell it's not working.

I'm guessing that a wire has come loose or disconnected, or somewhere between the radio and the speaker the wires have been damaged. A speaker that is failing would probably sound distorted, or buzz or something, not just be silent. I suppose a connection could have become very corroded...enough to block all of the signal to the speaker, as well. Just a little corrosion would most likely only cause distortion or a weak (but not absent) signal.

Has anybody else had this happen before with a Mirage. Mine is a 2015 DE which I just got. Maybe in the past someone slammed the door so hard that one of the speaker wire connectors fell off of its tab on the back of the speaker????? Have any door slammers had that happen?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I would guess it's not that connector as they are on there pretty tight. Still, it's worth checking.

I don't recall any such failures reported here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)