I drove through a bunch of water and then parked it literally within a 100 feet of this on a REALLY cold day. It was like -10 outside. When I went to leave the car was literally frozen in place. I gunned it in reverse and forward and finally got it loose. I could tell there was ice on the brake rotors as there was a pulsing sensation for a while until I really hit the brakes and melted the ice.

There is now a strange rubbing sound when accelerating, especially if turning at any meaningful angle. This is mainly at slow speeds in low gears but I can also hear it if I really hit in in 5th gear at highway speeds as well. There is no noise when braking and the brakes seem normal.

The CV axles seem to be in place and the boots are intact. I have read that the backing plates on brake pads can be broken loose from the pad. I replaced the pads within the last 10,000 miles with the AutoZone premium option. I figure if the pads were frozen to the rotors and I really gunned it that might have busted something.

The weather has really stunk here, otherwise I would have removed the front wheels and checked the front brakes.

What do you think?

Conor