Thread: Needing help on how to enable features.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Needing help on how to enable features.

Hey guys! Hope you all are doing well. Okay, so I've been wanting to do this since I bought my little Mirage. Alright, my model didn't come with fog lights but has a fog light switch to turn them on and off. I'd seriously would love to have them where I don't see very well at night. I do have fog lights on my Neon and it makes a huge difference (for me). Now I've been reading, either one, you can go to a Mitsubishi dealership and have it enabled for $50. Yes. That much to click a button to enable fog lights. Or, get etacs and do it yourself. Personally. I'd rather do it myself. Also, the driving lights the two little bulbs next to the low and high beam bulbs don't come on either when in drive gear. That as well I'd like to active including the key ring illumination. So here is my question, how can I go about doing this myself? I do have the cable that plugs into my computer and to the car. For etacs... I have no idea. I appreciate the time and help from you all. Thank you very much!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnestovia View Post
    H...you can go to a Mitsubishi dealership and have it enabled for $50.
    $50 is a bargain. If the computer has to get connected to the car, my dealer's minimum charge is $100.

For etacs... I have no idea.
    Others who have done it will chime in. Basically you need to download some sort of ETACS emulator software (see link below), install and configure it on your laptop, get a special cable, and then hook it up to your car and pray that it works. Well...maybe it's not that bad...but every time someone describes the process it doesn't sound intuitive and fool-proof.

https://etacsdecoder.com/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnestovia View Post
    Hey guys! Hope you all are doing well. Okay, so I've been wanting to do this since I bought my little Mirage. Alright, my model didn't come with fog lights but has a fog light switch to turn them on and off. I'd seriously would love to have them where I don't see very well at night. I do have fog lights on my Neon and it makes a huge difference (for me). Now I've been reading, either one, you can go to a Mitsubishi dealership and have it enabled for $50. Yes. That much to click a button to enable fog lights. Or, get etacs and do it yourself. Personally. I'd rather do it myself. Also, the driving lights the two little bulbs next to the low and high beam bulbs don't come on either when in drive gear. That as well I'd like to active including the key ring illumination. So here is my question, how can I go about doing this myself? I do have the cable that plugs into my computer and to the car. For etacs... I have no idea. I appreciate the time and help from you all. Thank you very much!
    Here in Canada the drl is the headlights not the little bulb next to it. In most cars it turns on the high beam with lower voltage while in drive and the ebrake is off. The little 194 looking bulb next to the headlight bulb turn on with the park lights. If they don't work like that on your car then they're probably burnt out. I doubt anyone will be able to make them turn on any other way through programming.

I just have a chinese Tablet looking Autel scan tool. No laptop, no ebay fancy mitsubishi cables. Just a somewhat capable tool. You could probably find a bluetooth dongle and an app that can do the same thing. There is one member who is able to change setting for his cvt that way.

For activating fog lights, I was able to do it on one of our cars. The fog light symbol lit up on the cluster. There was an option for rear fog lights too. I couldn't find a menu to activate cruise but there were a lot of other setting I could change.

If the dealer will do it for $50 I'd agree with top fuel, that's a deal. Most shops charge a min 1 hr to even look at a car.

Edit: I'll start a new thread that shows the menu's and setting I can get into with an autel so the info doesn't get forever lost.

Last edited by Fummins; 04-03-2019 at 05:18 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-03-2019)