Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2019 Oil change thread

Quote Originally Posted by miragefan17 View Post
    do you happen to have the schedule I cant seem to find mine
    Severe schedule is 6000kms(regular at 10-12,000kms?) oil and filter changes, which applies to almost everyone in Canada, unless you don't drive in cold, hot, dust, short trips, traffic, driving in rain or sun,etc....

Spark plugs at 160,000km, cvt fluid at 50,000km our ****ty dealer told me dropping the pan and simple pull the plug and refill isn't good enough. But the same dealer also told me they don't have filters in the cvt's as well as other things that make me question their intelligence and what kind of acts they must have to perform in order to keep their job. The manual also called for coolant and brake fluid changes at so many years. I can't seem to find the Canada spec service schedule online. The mitsu canada site is awful and has a bunch of dead links.

I use 0w20, the brown kind.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

miragefan17 (06-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Severe schedule is 6000kms(regular at 10-12,000kms?) oil and filter changes, which applies to almost everyone in Canada, unless you don't drive in cold, hot, dust, short trips, traffic, driving in rain or sun,etc....

Spark plugs at 160,000km, cvt fluid at 50,000km our ****ty dealer told me dropping the pan and simple pull the plug and refill isn't good enough. But the same dealer also told me they don't have filters in the cvt's as well as other things that make me question their intelligence and what kind of acts they must have to perform in order to keep their job. The manual also called for coolant and brake fluid changes at so many years. I can't seem to find the Canada spec service schedule online. The mitsu canada site is awful and has a bunch of dead links.

I thought we were different, but it's basically the same as us. Our severe schedule is 3,750 miles (6035 km), our regular schedule is 7,500 miles (12,070 km) for oil changes.
    Last edited by Mark; 06-18-2020 at 06:12 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

miragefan17 (06-18-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

did a little digging and found the schedule it applies to all mitsu cars including mirage

https://mcarsstatic.cachefly.net/pdf...0Non-Turbo.pdf
    Last edited by miragefan17; 06-18-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miragefan17 View Post
    did a little digging and found the schedule it applies to all mitsu cars including mirage

https://mcarsstatic.cachefly.net/pdf...0Non-Turbo.pdf
    When you see maintenance items that don't exist on a Mirage included, you can assume that for sure.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ive only been changing the oil once per year because I have never exceeded 7000 miles in a single year. I have a 2015 with 20k miles on it total. 0w-20

I wish I had just bought a used beater instead of a brand new car from the Dealership. Im def never buying new from Dealership ever again. I see to many blokes on here that paid $3000 for my same car used.

And the value of my car has plummeted so far down that I dont even think I can get 5k dollars on the used market even though it only has 20k miles on it and has never been in a crash. What I am telling you people is that my car has lost 50% of its value in 5 years even though it only has 20k miles on it. That is the state of affairs over here in Miami, FL (USA).

Gas is so cheap and the people here are only interested in gas guzzling SUVs mostly.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Ive only been changing the oil once per year because I have never exceeded 7000 miles in a single year. I have a 2015 with 20k miles on it total. 0w-20

I wish I had just bought a used beater instead of a brand new car from the Dealership. Im def never buying new from Dealership ever again. I see to many blokes on here that paid $3000 for my same car used.

And the value of my car has plummeted so far down that I dont even think I can get 5k dollars on the used market even though it only has 20k miles on it and has never been in a crash. What I am telling you people is that my car has lost 50% of its value in 5 years even though it only has 20k miles on it. That is the state of affairs over here in Miami, FL (USA).

Gas is so cheap and the people here are only interested in gas guzzling SUVs mostly.
    50% depreciation of Mitsubishi Mirage after 5-years is a lot less than the depreciation of most other vehicles on the road.

Quote: "According to current depreciation rates, the value of a new vehicle can drop by more than 20 percent after the first 12 months of ownership. Then, for the next four years, you can expect your car to lose roughly 10 percent of its value annually." Feb 5, 2019

This is saying most vehicles will lose 60% of their value after 5-years.

Quote: "The valuation analysts at Kelley Blue Book today reported the estimated average transaction price for a light vehicle in the United States was $38,259 in October 2019."

Let's say these numbers are accurate. A $38,258 new vehicle today would be worth $15,303 five years later. That's $22,955 in depreciation after 5-years.

I believe in buying low mileage used vehicles myself. If I can buy a brand new Mirage for under $10,000 & drive it for 10-15 years, I could care less about the depreciation of it. If a slightly used Mirage is going to cost me $8,000-9,000, spending a bit extra for new may be worth it.

Having said, buying a used car like your car would be a great deal, too! Especially if you have the cash for it & don't want to insurance it as much.

I will never feel bad about the depreciation of my Mirage. That's the joy of owing an affordable, reliable, economy car. Cars are money pits. I don't feel the the Mirage pit is all that deep compared to most other cars!

If you are only driving 4,000-5,000 miles per year, I would buy used, too. Someone like Steve who has 300,000+ miles on his Mirage may look at this differently.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

fc321 (06-21-2020),Top_Fuel (06-20-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    ...my car has lost 50% of its value in 5 years even though it only has 20k miles on it.
    If you bought your Mirage new at a well-discounted price, it's probably lost about $1000 of value every year. That's not too bad at all. On the bright side, you still have a virtually new car that's still covered by a powertrain warranty for another 5 years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

fc321 (06-21-2020),Mark (06-20-2020)