Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your Mirage start to shake at high speeds, like the 90 mph mark?

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Drove it 140kmh (about 87mph) on highway, mine is cvt, the engine revs just bellow 3000 rpm... lowered with tein springs and added stabilizer bars. The ride still smooth, no shaking.
    Mirage is slow at accelerating, but it's very capable run at high speed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-14-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    Drove it 140kmh (about 87mph) on highway, mine is cvt, the engine revs just bellow 3000 rpm...
    Nice great post with the video there. My Mirage is a 5 speed and it revs at higher rpm through all the gears than CVT Mirages, so at 110km's and hour my Mirage is already buzzing over 3000k rpm, and more around 4000k at the speeds your CVT mirage cruising at 3 grand.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Um, why would you even try doing 90 mph in a 3 cylinder car?
    Just for the heck of it. I don’t normally drive that fast. Usually not much more than the speed limit. Btw I didn’t feel like I was pushing the car at all at 90.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ed100 View Post
    Just for the heck of it. I don’t normally drive that fast. Usually not much more than the speed limit. Btw I didn’t feel like I was pushing the car at all at 90.
    Our Mirage feels just fine at 90. Just fine at 100. Still fine at 110.

It's a car not a tonka toy. If something feels wrong, fix it. Enough of the "cheap city car" excuses.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post

It's a car not a tonka toy. If something feels wrong, fix it. Enough of the "cheap city car" excuses.
    Are we talking 110 kph or mph?

For what its worth, my car has nearly 250k miles on it. It doesn't use or leak oil and is still on the original clutch. I can't help but think that never driving the car beyond 75 mph has contributed to its longevity.

Abuse an engine and it will fail prematurely. Take care of an engine and treat it gently, and it will last a long time.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

110 MPh, or Km's? Mine is smooth as freshly churned butter at 110 km'h too, likely losing bolts at 110 mph lol.

There is nothing wrong wrong, I just shouldn't be driving my perfectly-running Mirage so fast.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Are we talking 110 kph or mph?

For what its worth, my car has nearly 250k miles on it. It doesn't use or leak oil and is still on the original clutch. I can't help but think that never driving the car beyond 75 mph has contributed to its longevity.

Abuse an engine and it will fail prematurely. Take care of an engine and treat it gently, and it will last a long time.
    Mph, obviously. It shouldn't be worth commenting how a newer vehicle feels at ANY speed, because any defect is cause for warranty work. It's not the mid 20th century anymore.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Mph, obviously. It shouldn't be worth commenting how a newer vehicle feels at ANY speed, because any defect is cause for warranty work. It's not the mid 20th century anymore.
    Huh? I’m confused. I think the handling characteristics at different speeds is entirely relevant. So if you took your Mirage into the dealer and stated “I think there is something wrong with my Mirage. It handles poorly at speeds over 100 mph”. I’m thinking out loud that the dealer isn’t going to find anything wrong. Just because you can drive your Mirage at high speeds, doesn’t mean that you should.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Huh? I’m confused. I think the handling characteristics at different speeds is entirely relevant. So if you took your Mirage into the dealer and stated “I think there is something wrong with my Mirage. It handles poorly at speeds over 100 mph”. I’m thinking out loud that the dealer isn’t going to find anything wrong. Just because you can drive your Mirage at high speeds, doesn’t mean that you should.
    No. A little squirrely is one thing, but if the car is actually shaking or something AS MENTIONED, at any speed, it needs a repair

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No. A little squirrely is one thing, but if the car is actually shaking or something AS MENTIONED, at any speed, it needs a repair
    Maybe I should have made this thread "a little squirrely" than a real shake, rattle and roll. The Mirage is not a land yacht Buick, or an Audi. It's just a Mirage.

Good enough, but again the Mirage isn't meant to be driven at 105 mph.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-14-2019),inuvik (04-14-2019),Marklovski (04-14-2019),nickels (04-14-2019)