Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Does your Mirage start to shake at high speeds, like the 90 mph mark?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Huh? I don't even think the Mirage can go that fast.
    He's too smart to drive that fast. I'm sure he was being facetious.

(blank signature)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-18-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Car only weighs a ton though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-18-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    He's too smart to drive that fast. I'm sure he was being facetious.
    I'm a bit facetious-deaf, though I do enjoy the word facetious. Nicely done word-wise

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hi everyone following this thread, I realized after posting this thread.

This thread might be taken as a reason or another to see how fast their own Mitsubishi Mirage goes, and the truth is, the car is so small you are toast going fast and crashing in this car so I wouldn't recommend it.

Even though I may personally drive it a bit fast, I wouldn't recommend it given it's just not big enough a car, neither is crashing a new Vette or any Porsche history tells us. Mirage only weighs 1 ton. It's one of those glaringly obvious points people sometimes misstep with owning the Mirage, or even a new Lotus, opposing a Suburban.

like a true grand canyon selfie fail, they have gruesome consequences. One day no more 2nd world type Yugoy car, but I still owe money on the Mirage.

Maybe it's me, but small cars seem to encourage this sort of driving, and a magnet for the you know who who.
    Last edited by dspace9; 04-18-2019 at 07:51 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Ive noticed here in Atlanta, theyre popular with the hip hop, baller on a budget, crowd. Ive seen some tricked Mirages that have been lowered, spoilers replaced, and of course them spinning rims! Lol. I love it, the creativity. Unfortunately no pics yet because it was all seen on the hwy. I have seen some folks doggin their Mirages the hell out, and I bet theyre all CVT drivers like myself. Doing 90 through downtown Atlanta, where two major hwys merge into each other! Unbelievable hot doggin/ rawdoggin.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-18-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Oh this is a nice discussion. I tried doing 160 km per hour on my mirage - no vibrations at all and easy to do as long as conditions are perfect like no winds and the road is level or downhill. It would be harder to do with winds and uphill and doing it would redline the rpm. I tried about 140kph for 45 minutes straight. My mirage is 2014 SE CVT (had it February 2014) and it has a bad right rear axle alignment and so far enasave tire and snow control winter tire seems wearing normally.
    We have to take note that Mitsubishi Speedometers are 5 km per hour more in actual. Our 100 km per hour is just 95.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonggong For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-18-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The fastest I’ve ever driven a car was 110 mph when I first got the Delorean. It didn’t give me any problems but while driving, I reminded myself that it was 27 years old and anything could break at any given moment.

The car is currently 37 years old and has a new/updated suspension along with a complete brake overhaul. My car is much safer than it was 10 years ago however I rarely drive faster than 80 mph in it these days. Usually I just cruise at 75 mph on the interstate. Should something go wrong with the car or an incident happen such as a car accident, I have much a much better chance of survival at 75 mph rather than 110 mph.

It’s called common sense.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-18-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Ive noticed here in Atlanta, theyre popular with the hip hop, baller on a budget, crowd. Ive seen some tricked Mirages that have been lowered, spoilers replaced, and of course them spinning rims!
    Not sure how Mitsubishi became the hip hop car brand. Not like a low riding custom Impala or Valiant, but still. Maybe like those low rider cars, Mitsu designs are "plain" enough to be great customizing templates.

I even know 50 cent raps about Mitsubishi's on the get rich or die tryin' album.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    With used 2014 and 15s going for 7k bucks, sheeeeeeiiiitttt you better believe these Mitsus are getting snatched up in the Atl. 7 grand? A hustler could make that in a weekend here slanging rock. Lol! All kidding aside, I saw a 2015 DE with vanity plates that read "Bby Dady". Laughed my ass off. If I was a divorced Dad making child support payments you better believe a Mirage is on my radar to purchase.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    7 grand? A hustler could make that in a weekend here
    I have had my Mirage about 5 years to the day, and the little Mitsu has been a good car overall, though I know first hand the dealership, company, and also Mitsubishi's 10 warranty, not everything it's hyped up to be.

Car is good on gas. Unfotunately I paid way more than 7 grand, but that was years ago, and for brand new. 1 option pearl grey paint. Canada cars are more money than the US, same with everything I think.