Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Still trying to figure this one out...

Name:  warranty.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  13.3 KB

Maybe your mirage came with the rare 4-wheel disk brake option...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Car trouble sucks, but the best you can do is choose wisely (you did)...
    Very, very true.

A co-worker of mine was in need of a car to replace his very well-worn Geo Metro convertible. This was maybe ten years ago. He knew I was the resident 'car guy', so he told me his budget and asked me what he should buy. I told him to just buy a decent older Corolla...or Civic if he didn't mind it getting stolen...and enjoy the trouble-free ride.

About a week later, he excitedly approaches me at work and insists that I come out to the parking lot right away to see his new car. It was a DODGE NEON. He was pretty proud of himself for his choice. I don't think he was expecting me to be somewhat horrified, but I was!

(Him) "But it's nice, and I only paid $2,500 for it."

(Me) "Yeah, there is a reason those cars are really cheap. In fact, there are several."

Of course, the Neon only lasted a couple months. What did he buy when it died? He belatedly took my advice and bought a 1993 Corolla DX sedan with a manual transmission.

I saw him a little while ago, and he is STILL DRIVING IT. He told me he has seen the odometer flip twice!

My co-worker made a bad choice...and then a good one. You made a good choice from the start.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I'm going to throw in my 2 cents and agree with everyone else. Those are all very minor things. If your car isn't exhibiting any abnormalities, stop worrying about everything and just enjoy it. Worrying will do absolutely nothing to make your car run better or last longer. It will steal your joy and give you a crappy outlook on life. When something breaks (and it will, everything does eventually, so prepare for it by having some cash saved up), you deal with it at that point. Until then, do your normal maintenance and enjoy it.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-08-2019),MetroMPG (04-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    And please don't take this the wrong way. If there's a problem we all want to help. It just seems like there's no problem to solve.

Which is good, right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Yes I need to reup my Xanax dossage lol. Sorry for being an alarmist, Im just trying to use this car to support my family and be dilligent about the upkeep. I considering using this car as a delivery vehicle for Amazon Flex. Any thoughts or caveats on the Mirage being used for this?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Yes I need to reup my Xanax dossage lol. Sorry for being an alarmist, Im just trying to use this car to support my family and be dilligent about the upkeep. I considering using this car as a delivery vehicle for Amazon Flex. Any thoughts or caveats on the Mirage being used for this?
    Remove the headrests from the rear seat so you can fold the seats down without affecting the front seat position. The cargo floor isn't completely flat even with the seats folded down. To keep your budget low I would then find a large single piece of cardboard, trim it to cover the entire rear area. That way you're not ripping the extremely thin fabric that covers the rear of the seats. You can store the cardboard piece someplace dry when you don't need it and when it wears out, find another box.

If you're worried about weight the 2015's are pretty softly sprung (better than the 14's but still wimpy).
    Options might be:

VW Beetle lowering springs (there is a thread dedicated to this on the forum)
    Airlift 1000 inflatable air bags that fit inside the rear coil springs
    Rear springs from a 2017+ Mirage or G4 (They are noticeably stiffer).
    Seat covers for the driver's seat at least (you'll be getting in and out of the car alot).
    Last edited by inuvik; 04-08-2019 at 08:38 PM. Reason: syntax cleanup

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-09-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Remove the headrests from the rear seat so you can fold the seats down without affecting the front seat position. The cargo floor isn't completely flat even with the seats folded down. To keep your budget low I would then find a large single piece of cardboard, trim it to cover the entire rear area. That way you're not ripping the extremely thin fabric that covers the rear of the seats. You can store the cardboard piece someplace dry when you don't need it and when it wears out, find another box.

If you're worried about weight the 2015's are pretty softly sprung (better than the 14's but still wimpy).
    Options might be:

VW Beetle lowering springs (there is a thread dedicated to this on the forum)
    Airlift 1000 inflatable air bags that fit inside the rear coil springs
    Rear springs from a 2017+ Mirage or G4 (They are noticeably stiffer).
    Seat covers for the driver's seat at least (you'll be getting in and out of the car alot).
    I was thinking a strong heavy quilt to drape over the backseats for protection. Great advice cheers!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Payload capacity is what 800lbs for the 2014 Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Payload capacity is what 800lbs for the 2014 Mirage?
    About that but you'll really notice the bottoming out in the rear suspension around 500 lbs+ weight.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-09-2019)

I considering using this car as a delivery vehicle for Amazon Flex. Any thoughts or caveats on the Mirage being used for this?
    For our delivery cars, I take off the rear headrests, pull out the rear seat cushion so the seat backs will fold down a little more then lay a few layers of thick cardboard across the folded seat back and spare tire in an attempt of keeping them from being torn up. Some kinda paint protection on the top of the rear bumper would be a good idea if you care about paint scuffs from dragging stuff in or out. I've done nothing to the suspension, none of the shocks or struts leak or bang.
    As already mentioned, don't worry about all that stuff in your first post. At least you have a new coil and resurfaced rear drums.

I don't think I'd be trying to haul around 800lbs of cargo in the back. Might look like a dog taking a dump, kinda like a new dodge 1/2 ton with rear coil springs trying to tow a fifth wheel camper. Not a good look. Might not be so bad if the weight was evenly distributed but will put more stress on every moving part.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-09-2019)