Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please, in need of opinions regarding all these warranty work history

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Please, in need of opinions regarding all these warranty work history

I just went to Mitsu's website to get a past warranty repairs disclosure and a whole crop of issues popped up. Is this beneficial because all these issues have been repaired or have a just bought a lemon on borrowed time. Fummins if you read this please respond. Your expertise is much appreciated. Name:  Screenshot_20190407-230852.png
Views: 430
Size:  91.4 KBName:  Screenshot_20190407-230906.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  87.4 KB

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Im at a loss what some of these "repaired issues" are. The earliest rotor work, is that the dreaded rear alignment issue?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Im at a loss what some of these "repaired issues" are. The earliest rotor work, is that the dreaded rear alignment issue?
    No, since the Mirage has drum rear brakes it appears the rear drums were replaced or redone at that visit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Damn. I was hoping that meant the rear axle issue had been handled. Although the wear on my back right tire is even with the others. What also worries me is the two warranty claims (ignition coil and air mix dampener) both being replaced just months before I bought it. Christ if my car is a lemon me and family are so screwed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Enjoy your Mirage. Most likely you won’t have any future issues.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thank you for supporting words. Im concerned though because Im confused what an ignition coil replacement and air mix damper motor replacement means?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I just went to Mitsu's website to get a past warranty repairs disclosure and a whole crop of issues popped up. Is this beneficial because all these issues have been repaired or have a just bought a lemon on borrowed time.
    I could be wrong, but I'm getting the impression that you are overthinking things and worrying yourself into a hole. Especially the CVT.

How does your Mirage drive? Do You notice any problems while driving?

I'm not there to do any diagnosing, but I can't imagine you have much to worry about. Follow the Mitsubishi prescribed maintenance schedule for service. If you are worried about the most prominent complaint for your model year - the rear axle alignment - get a tire tread gauge and monitor tread wear for abnormal wear.

Money and costs matter to most all of us. Drive your Mirage and marvel at how little you paid to get it (compared to other cars) and how little it costs to operate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ignition coil is the part that makes the spark plug spark. There's three of them on the engine. You can see them on the top of the engine. I believe the air mix damper motor is the little electric motor that operates the little door in the HVAC system that either lets in fresh air or recirculated air from the cabin. The other stuff was recall work.

Typical new car issues that happen sometimes. You seem crazy worried about the thing... from what I've been able to tell from researching the car they seem relatively trouble free unless you're beating the piss out of the thing so I would just maintain it as you're supposed to and it should be all right.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Please switch to decaf, man.

These things are all pretty minor. Of the eight, three were minor factory recalls that weren't really issues, a couple were fluky parts failures, a couple were oil changes, and it sounds like the dealership talked the previous owner into paying for work on the rear brakes...for some reason.

Nothing to see here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Going to have to agree; take a deep breath and relax. That list was minor stuff, and bonus, already repaired. From the reports on this forum, these are basic, reliable little cars. Take care of it, and it will take care of you. Car trouble sucks, but the best you can do is choose wisely (you did) and do the maintenance. Automotive knowledge in the general public is low; don't be one of the "gas and go and never change the oil" types. Sounds like you and your family are dependent on this ride, so learn about it and take care of it.

Despite a certain 29 year old bartender's dream, the internal combustion engine is going to be around for a long time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (04-08-2019)