I just wanted to thank the forum folks before I go.
I joined recently with the thought that I would likely purchase a Mirage.
I have definitely decided against it.

Only some of it is the negative reviews. It is more that the 2001 Corolla that I bought
back in December is finally growing on me---after a bunch of money and labor.
Were I to try sell it, I would probably lose over half of what I put into it. And it
really does have some fine points and I think I can make it limp for another 150K miles
with little more put into it.

That was the MAIN reason I decided against the Mirage.

Other, lesser reasons.....
1. I could buy a nice motorcycle with the extra funds. I am motorcycle-less after losing both of mine (and a scooter) to fire.
2. The thin sheetmetal, its inclination to have little dents easily added--that reminded me of my Metro. Corolla already HAS a ton of little dents!
3. There was some youtube review I watched at just the right/wrong time to make me decide. Some Peewee Herman guy. He trounced on the dead steering. I had the same thought about my Corolla.
4. And then there was the issue of actually getting the car for anywhere near two-thirds MSRP. I am not at all sure I could have. So when the opportunity to schedule the test drive occurred, I could not in good conscience test drive a car that I had no intention of buying. So I will likely never REALLY know....

The end.

Thanks everybody for being so civilized. This is a nice, helpful bunch of forum members.
Carry on.