Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Complete interior removal, with pictures!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    this is fantastic.

My 2017 lacks the wiring harnesse for heated seats and mirrors. I also want to run a rear camera, rear dome light and REAR HEATED SEATS!!! Without the interior in the way running the wires will be a breeze. I may end up liking my '17 a lot more in the future.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Thank you so much for this post, and I really appreciate the time and effort. I am planning to do the same, except I am thinking on how can you remove this? *image attached

Since rocks and tire noise will come from this wheel-well, I' like to include that when I do the sound deadening.

Cheer
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Those white things up front are styrofoam blocks. To remove them you just need your hands.

You may want to check post 1 of the HOW TO below.
    It is about getting rid of noise, and also shows a picture of those blocks removed.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...bitumen-tiles)
    Last edited by foama; 04-28-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadir41 View Post
    Thank you so much for this post, and I really appreciate the time and effort. I am planning to do the same, except I am thinking on how can you remove this? *image attached

Since rocks and tire noise will come from this wheel-well, I' like to include that when I do the sound deadening.

Cheer
    The small foam piece on the lh side just sits on the floor, it has a locating tab so it doesn't move around. Just lift it up. I don't know about the one on the passenger side though..
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot!

@foama checking, thanks!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    For anyone trying to remove the panel infront of the e-brake note that the side nearest the e-brake has hooks and the panel should be removed from the side closes to the front of the car. dont be like me and use a flat head screwdriver and break off those hooks.

Also, OP has a tube/bundle of wires under that panel that go toward the e-brake i imagine its for the e-brake reminder light/alarm. My car only has a single brown wire instead of this black tube of wires.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you, I've now done the same for my own vehicle, just finished it today, except for the head liner, I didn't go as far the light colored trim, but maybe at another date..! I really would not have been able to do this if you hadn't blazed the trail for myself and others as well. Thank you.

Name:  100_0531.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  94.0 KBName:  IMG_20211121_134525193[857].jpg
Views: 618
Size:  98.0 KB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dookaughs For This Useful Post:

mohammad (11-22-2021)

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    AMAZING post - this is in my mind for quite some time - soundproofing as it's quite noisy especially with CVT. I just need to buy the bitumen panels and find time.... I want to go one step further and soundproof the fenders and doors as well to kill the noise from the wheels/rain etc. Hope to share some post of it in the near future. Anyways - amazing post, thanks for sharing

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)