Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete interior removal, with pictures!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I should point out that my car is a 2019 US-spec base model. Some things will be a little different depending on country and year. Yes, those are the side curtain airbags, made by Swedish conglomerate Autoliv. One of the guys I work with used to work at one of their plants in Mexico, making seatbelts for BMW's, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by phaux View Post
    Fantastic write-up! Also, your photography is great. At some point I'll be tackling this myself, it's a little more involved than when I did my 2-door ranger with vinyl flooring
    Let me know if you need a hand, neighbor. I've taken apart a couple of cars, and there wasn't anything here that was out of the ordinary. I was even pretty pleased at the thoughtful choices Mitsubishi made here and there. This is after owning several GM cars, which often make you wonder "what the **** were they thinking??"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Scratchpaddy For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-15-2019)

Amazing post - thanks, Scratchpaddy!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Added this to the https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...list]Mods list. Great write up!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=
    Let me know if you need a hand, neighbor. I've taken apart a couple of cars, and there wasn't anything here that was out of the ordinary. I was even pretty pleased at the thoughtful choices Mitsubishi made here and there. This is after owning several GM cars, which often make you wonder "what the **** were they thinking??"[/QUOTE]

GM is infamous for that, unfortunately. Torx head fasteners, anyone?

Most mfg used torx to hold seatbelts in. But gm was the first I've seen to use inverted torx to bolt a seat to the floor. I think they used torx to hold the fenders on late 80's early 90's grand prix and lumina junk. Great idea cause stuff never rusts.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really feel for you folks that have to deal with rust. I was still grateful to be working with a new car's interior here. Plastic gets pretty brittle after a decade or two of sun exposure. It's the land of cracked dashboards and crumbling steering wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Sweet, I'm sticky'd! Thanks! Hopefully it will help someone else in the future.

I'll link my next step here, too:
    Sound insulation install, with pictures!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wish I had the patience (and more so the physical ability) to do this. I'd love to quiet down the inside of this thing.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I wish I had the patience (and more so the physical ability) to do this. I'd love to quiet down the inside of this thing.
    Ear plugs maybe?

I sort like the sound of a Mirage, & it beats driving a motorcycle on cold, wet, or windy day!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Ear plugs maybe?
    That's what I do. (Not all the time)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Absolutely amazing post, Many Thanks ScratchPaddy. I will be soundproofing my 2015 very soon. I've purchased the supplys and tools. Now all I have to do is make time to do it. Many Thanks again !!!! Now if I could only find some speed enhancements for my little Mirage, I would be walking in tall cotton.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnYuma For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-16-2019)