Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anybody installed plastic rain/wind deflectors above their Mirage windows?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyPal View Post
    I don't think I said sound "deadening." And few responders have mentioned any effect on wind sound with the deflectors they've used on their Mirages.

I was thinking of how one usually doesn't have to lower car windows very much before the wind noise is great enough that you have to start turning up the radio volume, and, if you needed more ventilation, and lowered the windows even more, you might really have to crank it up. It's my faint recollection, from a vehicle I had some years back that had wind deflectors, that lowering windows behind them, but not lower than them, gave increased ventilation, but not much wind noise increase. I do wish more responders to this thread would comment on their experience with how their Mirage wind deflectors affect wind noise with windows opened behind them.
    Okay, I see what you are are saying. I thought you were asking if the OEM deflectors were any quieter than aftermarket deflectors. What you want to know is are wind deflectors quieter than NO wind deflectors when the windows are down.

The answer is definitely YES.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Okay, I see what you are are saying. I thought you were asking if the OEM deflectors were any quieter than aftermarket deflectors. What you want to know is are wind deflectors quieter than NO wind deflectors when the windows are down.

The answer is definitely YES.
    I'm actually watching some off-brand deflectors on ebay, but the rave reviews for the OEM ones have me rethinking that.

But, yes, my main question was about what experiences other Mirage owners had using any wind/rain deflectors, and whether they helped with wind noise...or keeping rain out as they should.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyPal View Post
    I'm actually watching some off-brand deflectors on ebay, but the rave reviews for the OEM ones have me rethinking that.

But, yes, my main question was about what experiences other Mirage owners had using any wind/rain deflectors, and whether they helped with wind noise...or keeping rain out as they should.
    I had installed the deflectors on my Dodge Raider, Saturn SL2, and my Ford Explorer. I noticed a significant reduction in wind noise with the window open about an inch while driving. On rainy days you can vent the front windows while driving without getting soaked.

The quality of the Mitsubishi deflectors is very good. I like how smooth they are on the edges. For the price, you should really get the OEM, like I did.

You can buy the factory Mitsubishi Side Window Deflectors from www.mitsubishipartsnow.com for only $58.38 (See link below).

https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/o...wzLWdhcw%3D%3D

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageSEFan For This Useful Post:

DonkeyPal (04-15-2019)