Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cvt oil question. (Have to use expensive Mitsubishi oil?)

Just drop the oil pan. It's not hard. A bunch of 10mm bolts and it falls down. I've had good luck reusing the old pan gasket. Just clean it up good with brake cleaner. Then you can look for chunks oh cvt in the bottom of the pan.

I changed cvt fluid in a 14' murano. The oil that was in it looked brown on the stick and looked red almost like atf when draining it. I just filled it back up with the same universal stuff I use on the Mirage's and other Nissans.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I wasn't sure if I should drop the pan because I don't have a new pan gasket. But it would be a good idea to drop it I guess to see if there's any metal in there and maximize the amount of oil I dump out.

Do you use a torque wrench when putting the bolts back in? If you do what settings in lbs? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Codylehr23 View Post
    Yeah I wasn't sure if I should drop the pan because I don't have a new pan gasket. But it would be a good idea to drop it I guess to see if there's any metal in there and maximize the amount of oil I dump out.

Do you use a torque wrench when putting the bolts back in? If you do what settings in lbs? Thanks
    Just go in a criss cross pattern and don't use an impact set on kill mode. They will snap. If in doubt use a 1/4 drive ratchet and tighten down pretty snug. You should get an extra liter/quart or drained by dropping the pan.
    Someone in a white lab coat might be able to find you the torque specs

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Found my lab coat and safety squints.
    Oil pan mounting bolt torque 5.9nm +or - 0.6nm (52 +- 5 in-lb) so.....50 inch pounds(4.16666 ft lbs)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-23-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you very much. I'll update here when I get that done

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm with daox. There's a lot of fear monger's especially when it comes to cvt's. In case you didn't know there are 2 cvt filters. I'd at least change the paper cartridge one on the side of the transmission once in a while. The cvt fluid smells burnt and rank from new. Factory stuff is bluish green, the "wrong" stuff I've been using for years is light brown like engine oil.
    If your fluid is constantly dark after a few changes then you may have something going on in there. Make sure you have the proper fluid level.
    Where are you buying the filters? I can't find anywhere!

Go to the mitsu dealer and tell them you want them. When they look at you with a deer in the headlights look, tell them to stop being an idiot and just look it up already. The part numbers are floating around here somewhere. Could probably use the same filters for a 14' spark(probably other years would work too). There is an aftermarket supplier in the US, I can't remember the name. Maybe cobra transmissions?
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Posted pictures on another post. Auxiliary filter was missing. Check it out. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...filter-missing

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Codylehr23 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-28-2019)