Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Side by side review of the 2 gray 5mt subcompacts in my driveway. (Mirage vs. Micra)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    My prediction is you'll get your chance to buy a "new Micra" in the States in a year or so, in the form of the next gen Mirage.
    Here is an article that agrees with this prediction: https://www.carspiritpk.com/2019/02/...t-by-2019-end/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Canoehead For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-17-2019)

Apparently we'll know for sure in October: "The next generation model is expected to break its cover at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show that will take place from 23rd October to 4th November."

We'll probably see spy shots before then, though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    Here is an article that agrees with this prediction: https://www.carspiritpk.com/2019/02/...t-by-2019-end/
    That article is based on another article from HeadlightMag.com, which is dated 15 February 2019, which is now three months old.

The All NEW Mitsubishi Mirage

The following text is taken from Google translate.

Quote Originally Posted by 15 February 2019 at 11:05 am | MAGAZINE , Special Report | By MoO Cnoe
    All NEW Mitsubishi Mirage

Another car Which has a queue, must change the whole look of the Full ModelChange this year, namely Mitsubishi Mirage The 5-door hatchback that has been in the market since 2012, if counting the age until now, it has been 7 years more than it should be.

Trevor Mann: Corporation chief operating officer and Vincent Cobee: Vice-president of product strategy interview with foreign media When the launch of Triton Minorchange in Thailand during November 2018, the past, though the trend of the global car market Will turn to subsidize SUV more and more, but still Mitsubishi Motors still need a small sedan To attract customers Came to the showroom, especially for customers who had never been interested in the Mitsubishi Motors brand before. Mann confirmed that the new Mirage will be built on the CMF-B chassis of Renault-Nissan together with the European version of Nissan Micra (March). Launched 2 years ago

However, the information that has slipped out now is very little. There is only confirmation that Front look Will be designed in accordance with the Dynamic Shield approach, similar to the new generation of Mitsubishi family relatives, and the chassis lines will be more sharp than the current model, which is simply too simple. Even the details of the engine And power transmission system Despite the possibility that the new Mirage may not have used a 12-cylinder DOHC engine with a 1.0 liter Turbo valve from the new Nissan Almera.

The launch will take place at the end of the fourth quarter of 2019. It may be just the appearance of the Tokyo Motor Show in October 2019. Then, it will begin to be on stage at the Motor Expo in Thailand at the end of November 2019. Equal to The launch time is the same as the current Mirage in 2011 - 2012!
    This article has only one 'official' statement from Mitsubishi, that Trevor Mann has stated that "the new Mirage will be built on the CMF-B chassis of Renault-Nissan together with the European version of Nissan Micra..."

The author is even uncertain of the launch date.

All this is still speculation based on very little official announcement from Mitsubishi Motors. Surely there is more details to be found from Mitsubishi. It is too easy in this online world for individuals who are trying to build an online media presence to parrot, repeat, and speculate on things. I'm aware of how that works and try to avoid running on rumor and stick to the facts.

I'll keep looking, but does anyone have a link to the quote from Trevor Mann regarding the platform?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)