Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mirage 1.2 L 2014 Starting problem

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydev View Post
    Now what he suggested is that empty fuel tank and fill gas from different station and try use fuel system cleaner. When I used almost of fuel in fuel tank, I filled gas from a different station. Next day when I start the car It did take a long time to start but not long enough as it was previously.
    Looks like contaminated fuel from that gas station.

https://www.bellperformance.com/blog...-tank-symptoms

Fuel Tester Kits
    https://www.amazon.com/REV-X-Super-T...YEGPZF42TBBX8K

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Test.../dp/B07FRSX713

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    No you don't get it, I didn't use fuel system cleaner yet, I only change the gas station. I will use fuel system cleaner by tomorrow
    Oops - you are right, I misread your post. Still, looking forward to updates.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Can't be
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:59 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    That's interesting. How do those fuel tester kits work? It looks like they only detect the amount of ethanol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    ...mechanic tried 3 different used original fuel pump of mirage but none has solved the issue.
    ...checked and clean map sensor and oxygen sensor but no improvement.
    I hate to say it but it doesn't sound like there's any diagnosing going on here. Just guessing and throwing parts at it and hoping for results.

If he's going to go that route, at least start with stuff that's free or relatively cheap...like fuel additives, different fuel, etc. A competent technician wouldn't have touched the fuel pump until after he had confirmed a lack of fuel pressure when the car experiences the issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I hate to say it but it doesn't sound like there's any diagnosing going on here. Just guessing and throwing parts at it and hoping for results.
    well you are somewhat right here. He had every tools with him just lacking the gauge for the fuel testing. He was very much sure that this problem always related to the fuel pump.

Now I need to find a better technician and before that I am gonna try for different fuel and fuel system cleaner myself

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spydev For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-29-2019)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    pls help me. my mirage would crank on "on" and would even start when i press on the clutch

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    The check valve is normally part of the fuel pump assembly...so you would most likely have to replace the whole pump.

Before you would do that, your technician would want to do a couple of tests to verify that it really is the pump that is losing the fuel pressure. It could be an injector leaking or a bad fuel pressure regulator. A few tests will help him pinpoint if/where there is a potential pressure loss.

For example, they can hook a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail, and then clamp off the line from the fuel tank to take the fuel pump out of the situation. This would be to make sure that pressure isn't leaking from somewhere other than the fuel pump. Fuel pumps are too expensive to just replace without verifying they are the problem.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Paying for an hour of diagnostics is usually money well spent. You know what needs replacing and you can head off to your local salvage yard to get a replacement if the OEM parts are too expensive. My salvage yard provides 90 days on most parts.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

[QUOTE=Wallythacker;94413]Paying for an hour of diagnostics is usually money well spent. You know what needs replacing and you can head off to your local salvage yard to get a replacement if the OEM parts are too expensive. My salva
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:59 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

spydev - did you ever resolve the problem?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)