Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forum suggestion (header image update)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Good luck making everyone happy on this one!!!!

I want it to stay the same!

See what I mean?

Let's vote on what color cars should be used, too! Seriously - I could care less about the header.

The Ford Model T was important in the way that it was the world's first affordable car. At the time of release, it cost only $240. It was also the first car to be mass produced on a moving assembly line. In 1925, there were more than 15 million Model Ts in the world (this meant that over half the cars in the world were Model Ts) and they were being manufactured at a rate of 9000 to 10000 cars a day.

Ford had perfected the moving assembly line so much that one Model T could be built in about 93 minutes. The demand for these cars was so large, that they had to be moved out of the factory as soon as possible. And it was observed that black paint dried the fastest. Hence the expression "You can have your car in any color you want, as long as it's black".

I don't know why, but this discussion reminded me of this. Henry Ford has to fight his executives on all this at first, because they all wanted to make all sorts of models. Henry Ford wanted one model make well.

Simple is better sometimes!
    I'm just throwing it out there to help keep the forum growing.

Metro, I'm sure there are more 14-15's in the garage but the numbers will swing more the other direction as time goes on. And I'd say the posters who are actually posting regularly drive the newer models, at least a larger percentage do.
    I bet a lot of the old screen names are very infrequent posters? I could be wrong I'm just thinking out loud.

If you did two on each side that would leave room for the new one coming.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post

If you did two on each side that would leave room for the new one coming.

True true and regardless of colour, it's good to have one of the new model Mirages represented in the header. The addition of the wine red one there worked fine. Simple and easy tweak, updates the whole shebang.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)