Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roof Rack for Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I live in Northern Alberta Canada, i called my dealer for the part #MZ314660 wich are the roof carriers, first they told me that Mitsubishi is not building a roof rack for the Mirage, after i gave them the part # they told me its about 600 bucks for this roof rack, are they retarded

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thule now has part numbers - http://www.thule.com/fitguide/Defaul...n-US&market=CA
    Still nothing from Yakima.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Canoehead For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-20-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    Thule now has part numbers - http://www.thule.com/fitguide/Defaul...n-US&market=CA
    Still nothing from Yakima.
    More than 400 buks for a simple roof-rack? I recently paid just 120 euro's for an Original Skoda Fabia one!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I wonder if icould buy one of those universal roof racks for 200 bucks instead of spending 400-600 bucks for same thing except it has a name on it

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlupp View Post
    I wonder if icould buy one of those universal roof racks for 200 bucks instead of spending 400-600 bucks for same thing except it has a name on it
    I bought a Highland universal roof rack without testing it and regret the purchase (it cost USD 40,- ).
    It would always pop off, because the clips slipped off the door frame.

Maybe the your universal rack is a better fit. From my experience, I would recommend to really test the mounting before putting down the 200 bucks.

Good luck

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I bought a Highland universal roof rack without testing it and regret the purchase (it cost USD 40,- ).
    It would always pop off, because the clips slipped off the door frame.

Maybe the your universal rack is a better fit. From my experience, I would recommend to really test the mounting before putting down the 200 bucks.

Good luck

I will get one in a local "canadian tire" store and if it gives me troubles i can return it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yup, roof racks are too expensive. On the flip side, I have hauled a great many canoes, a great many miles. I took a 20' Old Town through a pretty wicked prairie thunderstorm once, and had 3 canoes on my Dodge Omni at 80mph. Of course, I also tie bows and sterns down, but I never really want to doubt the quality and design of my roof racks. The Yakima system I have includes lots of stainless metal hardware and has lasted several years and through 3 cars with no problems. I'm sure there are less expensive racks that are completely functional, but for me, I don't really want to chance it. Some of my canoes are expensive, and would not fare well if they came off the roof. Also, the car or motorcycle behind me that got hit with the flying canoe might not fare well either.

If carrying just skis or the occasional bit of long lumber or a ladder that doesn't have as much wind load, maybe pool noodles would be enough (strap them down through the windows). For the amount of hauling I do, I would like the best racks (actually considered having a body-shop weld them down, but the fuel economy suffers, and I thought it might invite rust).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Rhino Racks in Australia does them for the mirage but they are pretty expensive, around the $200AUD mark.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage ES Sport 1.2 manual: 42.9 mpg (US) ... 18.2 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I noticed there is a rack listed on the US web-site as a factory accessory, for $295. It looks a bit like a Thule. Anyone know if it is a re-branded Thule rack?

My dealer said there were no racks available, so it might not be something you can get in Canada. I've got my eyes out for used Thule towers and bars, and I'll then buy the new fit kit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    yes it is a Mitsubishi branded Thule rack