Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roof Rack for Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Roof Rack for Mirage?

Has anyone seen a Mirage specific roof rack? i have been looking around but most of the websites ( yakima, thule ect...) don't even have the Mirage in their data base yet -_-

anyone know any other brand I could give I try if not i'll have to stick with universal ones i guess

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I'm not surprised. Its going to take a little while for aftermarket manufacturers to get stuff designed and made for the Mirage. They have to get their hands on a car to design parts for it, then put them into production. Ultra racing just got their suspension products out and the car has been over there for about a year now.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

I haven't seen one yet.

What are you going to carry?

You probably know that carrying stuff inside the car is better, if the load will fit. Roof racks have a very big impact on fuel consumption (http://www.metrompg.com/posts/roof-racks.htm ).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mostly for skiing and snow boarding if not the rest will go inside

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    saw for mirage, forgot either on ebay or yahoo auction.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CheezyWedges For This Useful Post:

Darkfly600 (11-19-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's the Mirage rack from Mitsubishi:

http://tablet.mparts411.com/accessor...carrier-system

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fifteenwindow For This Useful Post:

Ares (02-17-2014),Brian (03-03-2014),Daox (11-25-2013),Darkfly600 (11-25-2013)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Over here in the Netherlands you can order it directly at the dealer mitsubishi P/N mz314660. You can also get a carrier for a kajak/surfboard a pedal holder and a 4 pair ski holder...

greetings
    Paul

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    Hello,

I just bought a cheap ass (~USD 40,-) and supposedly universal roof rack from advance auto parts. I will take my mirage for an Ikea trip, once the snow storm has swept through the region.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I canoe a lot, and at the risk of being a brand snob, Yakima and Thule seem to be the industry leaders for roof racks. Yakima still doesn't list anything for the Mirage, while Thule has a "solution", but it is not yet available. Here are Thule's words: "Please wait, it's on the way - The solution you have selected has a product that is planned for production, but is not yet available."

I will likely wait for Yakima, only because I already have the rack, and will just need to get the properly fitted clips.

Oh - and way off Topic but Thule has some pretty cool tire chains that go on in 12 seconds - they seem expensive, and only really suitable for short-term use (they also come off easily, so I wouldn't leave them on), but a great design.
    Last edited by Canoehead; 02-15-2014 at 04:16 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    Hello,

so I was at Ikea and it turns out that my cheap roof rack won't mount onto the Mirage. The clips were slipping off the door frame. Now, I would be ready to admit that Thule or an original rack would be worth a thought.

I still bought my stuff from Ikea and used four $1 door mats to support the principal load, a sofa. The roof bent down a little, but when I returned home and unloaded, there were no dents or signs of transport. There was still room for lots of other stuff inside the car.

Before I left Ikea, I asked a police officer, whether it is ok to carry something on the roof and he said yes, but he emphasized that it would be great to add some mark onto the package, which is what I did with the yellow-black tape.

See the attached photos from the ride.

I got a nice 48 MPG for the 50 miles round trip. For the first time, I have seen MPG figures higher than 50 MPG on my way to Ikea while driving 55 MPH and letting my Mirage drag by the faster cars around :-)
    On my commute I get only about 42 MPG.

All the best

Name:  Ikea.jpg
Views: 13274
Size:  95.2 KBName:  ikea_load.jpg
Views: 7001
Size:  93.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donut For This Useful Post:

fc321 (05-01-2016),MetroMPG (02-17-2014)